Other Criminal Procedure Possible Drug Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarieS1

Me and a couple of my friends were caught shoplifting. We have a misdemenor charge for shoplifting under $500. We have processing court on oct. 15. Our problem is that we all smoke weed. A lot. Do you get drug tested at your processing court? And if we fail, how screwed are we?

Me and a couple of my friends were caught shoplifting. We have a misdemenor charge for shoplifting under $500. We have processing court on oct. 15. Our problem is that we all smoke weed. A lot. Do you get drug tested at your processing court? And if we fail, how screwed are we?

I'd simply accept that they will drug test me, so start studying for the test now.
If that demand is made, you can simply SELF REPORT that you're ADDICTED to weed, and/or whatever other junk you snort, drink, inhale, snort, inject, or smoke.
If a defendant does that, before they go through the motions, the court will usually offer a rehab or treatment program.
You might want to make efforts to get into a program BEFORE you go to court, if you want to get that gorilla off your back.
Otherwise, show up, take your chances.

If you have a lawyer, you might inquire of your lawyer.

Or, inquire of a couple lawyers in your area.
They often meet with you for FREE during the initial consultation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back