Possible Bias on part of Judge

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvlaw4me

My husband & I are involved in contentious custody battle concerning our three grand-daughters. There have been two hearings thusfar with the same judge and opposing counsel. As a matter of perception, we believe that this particular judge is biased in favor of this particular opposing counsel. Aside from body language, demeanor and facial expressions that are receptive & friendly with this opposing counsel & his clients, and then cold & stern with our attorney and us. Plus, with some evidence that we presented, eg. an expert witness are largely ignored or dismissed. Other things that this judge will allow the opposing attorney do but not necessarily ours. What is worse, when we mentioned this to our lawyer, he said that that was not the first time he has heard this. Other people have apparantly commented to him on this matter too. Our lawyer said to forget about it; it is what it is. So what can one do about this? Or what really constitutes bias on the part of a judge?:confused: Plus, can an attorney (guardian ad litem) with no proper credentials form an opinion that is contrary to an expert witness with 30 years of experience? PS: Opposing counsel had this person appointed as the guardian ad litem and same judge approved it.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back