Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Possession of Alcohol MIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caveman63

I'm 18 years old, I was driving home with a friend who is 17 and was stopped for not making a complete stop at a stop sign. The sheriff pulled us over and asked a few questions and made me step out of my truck and gave me a ticket for it then searched my truck for alcohol. My friend and I were not aware that there was beer in my truck due to the fact that we didn't have it all day. He gave me a citation (MIP) for having it in my truck and did not perform a breathalyzer. Can I still be charged for this when I had not consumed any alcohol, the beer was unopened, it wasn't mine and I was unaware of it being inside my truck?

What code section were you cited for?

I suspect you were cited for being under 21 and having alcohol in the vehicle. But, to know what the elements of the offense were, we need to know the statute under which you were cited.

You won't beat this.
I suspect you have him permission to search the vehicle, which you should never do. Unless he bullied his way past you and searched the vehicle against your wishes, and assuming there was no contraband in plain view, you weep get pinched for this. You are responsible for the contents of the vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back