Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication possesion of mary jane w/in 1000 ft of school

Status
Not open for further replies.

75chevynova

I got a class c misdemeanor for getting caught smoking weed a couple blocks from my school in oregon. The weed and pipe werent mine but i was the one who had the pipe when we got caught. At first the vice principal stepped out of the car and saw a bag that one of the other guys had dropped. He then asked me to show what was in my pockets and I pulled out my friends pipe. He asked if I had anything else and I showed him that I didn't. The officer then approached me and read me my rights. After that I told him what happened, that these guys were out here smoking and they invited me to join so i did. I explained what happened and how none of it was mine, i was just smoking. The officer then said that we all were getting charged with the same thing, even though i had no weed on me, just my friends pipe, but i was the only one who got a ticket because i was the only one over 18. I got charged with possesion of marijuana within 1000 feet of a school, which the officer said was a class c misdemeanor. I have a court date and i dont know what to do. I dont know the procedures for getting a ticket since this is my very first, I've read about people who say they never signed their summons or whatever, and I also signed nothing except the card to say that he read me my miranda rights. I was not even searched by the cop and he just filled out my ticket and handed it to me. Do i have any chance of fighting it since none of it was mine? or should i just go to court and admit that i made a mistake? My dad wants to get me a lawyer but I don't know if it will help, or just be an added expense. I got suspended from school and have to go through a diversion program as well. Is there anything I can do that will raise my chance of having it dropped off my record? And also is there any way to have the fine reduced? Im worried it will affect my financial aid for school next year, and how it might affect the fact that i live with my mom who is an in-home daycare provider.:confused:

thanks for any help you can give

Last edited:
since there is so much at stake, I would suggest you bring that case to a lawyer. He might be able to find ways to deal with the prosecutor so it does not affect your record for your future life.

I hope you learned a lesson from this, though.

There is no question that NYClex is right about your getting lawyer. Much too much at stake here. Smoking weed is possession of weed as was the pipe. Never carry illegal substances for another person because it will expose you to problems. Hopefully your record being clean will help and probably best to keep this episode in mind so you won't be hurt by something similar in the future.

Originally posted by 75chevynova
I got a class c misdemeanor for getting caught smoking weed a couple blocks from my school in oregon. The weed and pipe werent mine but i was the one who had the pipe when we got caught. At first the vice principal stepped out of the car and saw a bag that one of the other guys had dropped. He then asked me to show what was in my pockets and I pulled out my friends pipe. He asked if I had anything else and I showed him that I didn't. The officer then approached me and read me my rights. After that I told him what happened, that these guys were out here smoking and they invited me to join so i did. I explained what happened and how none of it was mine, i was just smoking. The officer then said that we all were getting charged with the same thing, even though i had no weed on me, just my friends pipe, but i was the only one who got a ticket because i was the only one over 18. I got charged with possesion of marijuana within 1000 feet of a school, which the officer said was a class c misdemeanor. I have a court date and i dont know what to do. I dont know the procedures for getting a ticket since this is my very first, I've read about people who say they never signed their summons or whatever, and I also signed nothing except the card to say that he read me my miranda rights. I was not even searched by the cop and he just filled out my ticket and handed it to me. Do i have any chance of fighting it since none of it was mine? or should i just go to court and admit that i made a mistake? My dad wants to get me a lawyer but I don't know if it will help, or just be an added expense. I got suspended from school and have to go through a diversion program as well. Is there anything I can do that will raise my chance of having it dropped off my record? And also is there any way to have the fine reduced? Im worried it will affect my financial aid for school next year, and how it might affect the fact that i live with my mom who is an in-home daycare provider.:confused:

thanks for any help you can give

same thing happend to me

I was smoking my friends weed with his pipe and we were caught by our school SRO officer. They called us into the office and serched us. Although i did not have anything they found it on my friend. they threatend me saying you better tell us if you were smoking because we can give a drug test saying you did. Me being young and not knowing my rights i addmited smoking it.I was charged with the same thing. they said if i was smoking it i had temporary possesian. shit happens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back