Consumer Law, Warranties Portable DVD Warranty not upheld

Status
Not open for further replies.

klewisthomas

I purchased a portable Spectroniq DVD player, by Protron from a shopping network on television. 1.5 months after having the DVD player it broke. The company stated that I needed to send the DVD player to the manufacturer. The process was quite easy, but the expenses of the return were on me. When I sent the DVD player they stated that if it could not be repaired I would be sent a new one within 3 weeks. That was Sept 18, 2007. I am still currently waiting to receive the new DVD player as I was informed that they could not repair it.

So far the company has given me 5 different dates as to when I will receive the new DVD player, all of which have passed. Once again, I phoned and spoke with the "so called manager" and he once again told me that I am priority and the reason that I have not received the item is because they don't have any in stock and as soon as they get them in stock I will receive one. Well, at this point it has been over 4 months and it does not look like they will be receiving anything soon as they have been telling me 2 weeks or they will say the second week of next month. They have refused to refund my money stating that they only refund purchases returned within a month. The shopping network basically states that they will not do anything about it, but I can put in a complaint. At this point in time they have had the product in their custody longer than I had it in mine. I looked them up on the BBB and they have had a huge number of complaints over warranties.

At what point does this become theft? What if they never receive any replacements? What exactly are my options?

Thanks in advance.

Try to be a bit patient and see how it goes........Litigation is long, and not worth the time and money on such an issue. Hopefully they would act right soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back