Popescu Mihail Viorel's PHONE NUMBER!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

puppyhooch

Hello,

I've been scammed by "Popescu Mihail Viorel" for $588!

He claims to be a sales manager for "Germanos Telecom Romania" which is a legitamate company. I've already informed them of this scamming, worthless, sad individual!

He uses email addresses infos@z6.com and orders@z6.com with the from name of "George Boghtam" (Robert Boghtam), who wait for it is a company director.

I got his details through www.alibaba.com which is a trade source website. He pops up everywhere trying to con people!

The most beautiful thing is, wait for it! is you can find his number here :eek:

His address is the same as found in this forum.

I hope this person truly cherishes the moment that's heading his way.

Many Thanks

Actually...I have a different number

Hey there

The point in this thread is to let you know in an e-mail earlier today I received Mr. Popescu's phone number, and it differs from this one. The one I got was - Phone: 0040746825116.
Now, I could be telling lies about that being his phone number...but this is no joke, so I'm not going to treat it like one.

I'm going to post a rather similar message in another thread about this Viorel fella, as I'm currently talking to him via e-mail supposedly striking a deal with him for 18 Motorolla MPX300's (I just want to make sure EVERYONE knows the goings on). Actually, he thinks he's getting NZD$8500 out of me! haha as if I have that amount of money. Anyway, here's how the story goes...

My mate was surfing www.trademe.co.nz (we're both flatmates actually) and he found the deal of a lifetime - a Motorolla PDA phone (brand new) for $250. How the hell could you resist? And he didn't resist, the auction contained Mr. Popescu's e-mail so e-mail him he did.
It didn't take long for a reply, which contained the Western Union number to transfer the money to along with some details about himself (like his name) so my mate would think "yeah sweet, this is all legit". Once the money was transfered (total of NZD$292 including Western Union fee) and it was confirmed via e-mail, the fraudster then replied with an apology but he made a mistake and sent 2 of the phones and another $250 had to be transfered before he would let UPS let the parcel go.
This, of course, angered my mate and he refused to pay another $250 (luckily) and hasn't heard from Mr. Popescu since. Myself, on the other hand...
We were sitting there discussing how angry he was over this whole deal going bad, and we devised a plan - he wouldn't talk to my flatmate again because my flatmate already knew about the fraudster, but as far as the fraudster was concerned, I'm just another sucker.

So at present I'm conversing with him via e-mail, it's the weekend over here and my last e-mail to him was -
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey there

It's the weekend over here now so there aren't any Western Union branches open until Monday. I hope it's ok to wait for the money until Monday. In the meantime, perhaps you could tell me a bit more about yourself, like how you got into the PDA phone business and things like that. I will tell you a bit more about myself also if you would like, just let me know.
You didn't answer the question in my previous e-mail, can we have contact via Telephone? I just want to know that my $8500 isn't going to a fraudster or anything like that, it's a lot of money to be dealing in, I'm sure you understand this. And hey, you get $8500 in the end!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Brett Collins
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, the reply -

Phone: 0040746825116
But my englis is not good.

Best regards!

Damn right your 'englis' isn't good, my friend!
Anyway, I haven't replied to that e-mail yet, I haven't long received it so what does everyone think I should say next? this guy ideally needs the crap beaten out of him, myself and my friend would love to do that...so if someone can con him into coming over to New Zealand, we'll gladly take care of him :)
Seriously though, my mate is going to call the NZ Police on Monday, and follow all instructions given so far on the threads about Viorel Mihail Popescu, this guy is going down.

Reply soon everyone!

Brett

Guy is currently trying to scam me

Hi got an email from this guy after he saw me bidding on a phone in ebay...said he would sell me the same phone for $300 when it retails for double this...Said he is in romania and I can send it to him Western Union...half up from half once i receive it...I was going to do it also but then i typed his name in google and found this...thanks for posting this...he does have a new email address:

qbt_electronics@yahoo.com

Still goes by Viorel Mihail Popescu

I've emailed ebay regarding this because he does also have an account with them under 1306marian.

Thanks for your help guys....him and I are still playing email tag....he doesn't know I found this out...not sure where to call the cops or not.

Sincerely,

Richard Singh
Canada

Lets club together some money take a trip over there and confront him?

I'm thinking of sending some of my contacts in Albania to take a trip there and collect my money:) Of course and the rest:)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ebm said:
Hey there

The point in this thread is to let you know in an e-mail earlier today I received Mr. Popescu's phone number, and it differs from this one. The one I got was - Phone: 0040746825116.
Now, I could be telling lies about that being his phone number...but this is no joke, so I'm not going to treat it like one.

I'm going to post a rather similar message in another thread about this Viorel fella, as I'm currently talking to him via e-mail supposedly striking a deal with him for 18 Motorolla MPX300's (I just want to make sure EVERYONE knows the goings on). Actually, he thinks he's getting NZD$8500 out of me! haha as if I have that amount of money. Anyway, here's how the story goes...

My mate was surfing www.trademe.co.nz (we're both flatmates actually) and he found the deal of a lifetime - a Motorolla PDA phone (brand new) for $250. How the hell could you resist? And he didn't resist, the auction contained Mr. Popescu's e-mail so e-mail him he did.
It didn't take long for a reply, which contained the Western Union number to transfer the money to along with some details about himself (like his name) so my mate would think "yeah sweet, this is all legit". Once the money was transfered (total of NZD$292 including Western Union fee) and it was confirmed via e-mail, the fraudster then replied with an apology but he made a mistake and sent 2 of the phones and another $250 had to be transfered before he would let UPS let the parcel go.
This, of course, angered my mate and he refused to pay another $250 (luckily) and hasn't heard from Mr. Popescu since. Myself, on the other hand...
We were sitting there discussing how angry he was over this whole deal going bad, and we devised a plan - he wouldn't talk to my flatmate again because my flatmate already knew about the fraudster, but as far as the fraudster was concerned, I'm just another sucker.

So at present I'm conversing with him via e-mail, it's the weekend over here and my last e-mail to him was -
Hey there

It's the weekend over here now so there aren't any Western Union branches open until Monday. I hope it's ok to wait for the money until Monday. In the meantime, perhaps you could tell me a bit more about yourself, like how you got into the PDA phone business and things like that. I will tell you a bit more about myself also if you would like, just let me know.
You didn't answer the question in my previous e-mail, can we have contact via Telephone? I just want to know that my $8500 isn't going to a fraudster or anything like that, it's a lot of money to be dealing in, I'm sure you understand this. And hey, you get $8500 in the end!

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Brett Collins

And, the reply -

Phone: 0040746825116
But my englis is not good.

Best regards!

Damn right your 'englis' isn't good, my friend!
Anyway, I haven't replied to that e-mail yet, I haven't long received it so what does everyone think I should say next? this guy ideally needs the crap beaten out of him, myself and my friend would love to do that...so if someone can con him into coming over to New Zealand, we'll gladly take care of him :)
Seriously though, my mate is going to call the NZ Police on Monday, and follow all instructions given so far on the threads about Viorel Mihail Popescu, this guy is going down.

Reply soon everyone!

Brett

Almost got scammed

Hey there!!
I almost got scammed by this Viorel guy, thank God I told a friend about what was going on and thanks to you guys for posting this, he found this website!! After that I sent Viorel an email saying that I knew he was a conman and that I had found a site that contained all the info he gave me of himself saying it was all fake. His answer: I my country many people have same name. HAHAHAHA... can you believe that?? he still insists that it's not him!! SO I sent him another email asking if in his country ppl had the same name, the same address and the same aproach as his.... In previous emails I asked him alot of things and he always replied with really short answers and whan I suspected it was a scam and told him so he answered:

If you will send me the payment you will have all my details: full name and address and if you will don't receive the phone you can raport me at police.
I'm a man in my world and I don't risk my freedom for money because I'm not crazy!

I'll wait your reply as soon as posible!

Best regards!

And later on I told him I didn't have the 300 dolars he was asking for the phone, that I only had 200 at the time being and he said that he would accept 200, can you believe it?? 200 for a 500-600 phone?? HAHAHA... Tha guy is completely desperate for money, and a complete idiot!!
Take care eveyone, and BEWARE!!

it would be nice

the police dont care about e crime and the romainan police even worst. police r bribed.
a names a name, they use lots of names.

So i was able to reach him later on by telephone. Hes such a lame ass, he was pretending to be a cop busting him. Then he started calling me obsenities and told me he was making 5k a day scamming stupid americans. I wish there was something I could do.

He claims to be a sales manager for "Germanos Telecom Romania" which is a legitamate company. I've already informed them of this scamming, worthless, sad individual!

He uses email addresses infos@z6.com and orders@z6.com with the from name of "George Boghtam" (Robert Boghtam), who wait for it is a company director.
Hi my brother got scammed by this guys for approx $500 dollers. There is some basic checks you can do, eg check if they use a free email or not. This guy is proper scum as he his willing to talk to people on the phone and lie out of his a$$.

Currently he's asking for more cash as he so called sent out more phones than he was supposed. Soon as I heard that I knew it was a scam. Its not one and I think people should use payment mehods which provide protection to the consumer otherwise not go through with anything.

I found out too late to get his money back, thanks for posting the thread it confirmed my beliefs very quickly.

Popescu Mihail Viorel

Hi, Sarah from Australia here. This man sent me an email via my ebay account, claiming that he had recieved two mobile phones for his birthday and that he wanted to sell me one for $320AU (more than half off RRP). He asked me to reply to him on this email address drister27@yahoo.com (his work address apparently) the name associated with this account is dristor dongee. The original email from the ebay was from a member ID called marius9123. In the original email he mentions this "Hi, I`m LACRAMIOARA" what ever that is... name?? How many does he want to give me in one email! Then in the details for his account...

Send me your complete name and address for shipment.
Go to an Western Union office and send me the money at this address:
First name: Viorel Mihail
Last name: Popescu
Street: Gavana 3
City: Pitesti
Zip: 07000

And I am pretty sure that he likes to add Best Regards! at the end of his letters... how nice of him
:cool:

Thanks for saving me 320 bucks!!
Sarah.

This same guy tried to scam me from alibaba.com . I was going to buy cell phones from him. He stated that he accepted escrow.com so I figure he is legit. Well, I wire the money to escrow.com and he never ships the phone for a day. I speak w/him on yahoo messenger and states that he was robbed. I contact escow.com and advise them not to release the fund. Actually, he never even marked as shipped on escorw.com . Well here is the names and email he is using for this scam....

Popescu Mihail Viorel (escrow@tapimnugluma.com)
on alibaba he uses Company : Emag SRL. Name : Mr Emag Consultant
orders@tapimnugluma.com
Country/Territory : United Kingdom
City : Bucharest
Address : Str. Av. Mircea Zorileanu, Nr. 87, Sector 1
Phone : 40-587-63395
Fax : 40-587-63395
He uses the name hotufura on Yahoo Messenger
If you want to string this sucker along add him to you contact list and in the title of the request just state"I want to order cell phones. " I guarantee that he will bite. I guess I only lost the escow fee.

If you see any of that info BEWARE!!!
I hope this helps...

By the way. Don't accept any files from him on yahoo messenger. I believe one is some type of virus. I told him I couldnt accept files because of my virus protection. Then he says a little later in the conversation. Can you use your virus protection program to scan a file for me. I mean WTF??? I tell him, Uh no.

This guy needs a serious beat down.....

This guy is serious scum, i lost 545 bucks to one of his scams. And I had been phoning him for two weeks before that, becareful of this guy. Hes dangerous.

He also threatened me with the italian mafia, lmao. jerk.

More Details on the 'Vile' Viorel

Good job I found this website or I would have been ripped off. Here are all the details I have received from the scammer new phone numbers and name for him Take note everyone. He wanted me to send $1245 to 2 different accounts. Just received this email this morning. Advertising on Alibaba.com

Thank you for your e-mail . The phones are brand new in saled boxes,never
opened,with full warranty and accesories from the manufacturer . The
warranty is International,the phones are sim free,unlocked no logo with CE
(European Community) specs,available in all European plugs without adapters
. My PayPal is flaviopoggi@aol.com (this is my general manager`s paypal) and
the Money Gram transfer can be sent to :

Name : Popescu Mihail Viorel
Address : Gavana 3
Zip Code : 0300
City : Pitesti
Company : Kripton. [Trading Company]
info line : 0040727662702
Country/Territory : United Kingdom
>>> City : Edgware
>>> Address : 8 Wenlock Street
>>> Phone : 44-795-1725869
>>> Fax : 44-795-1728963
"Robert Boghtam" <robertboghtam@hotmail.com>

The scammer is back

He's back and is new name is Paraschiv Lacramioara Luminita or George Boghtam, a sales manager of GERMANOS TELECOM in ROMANIA.
And this is what is claims to sale "We are important suplliers of laptops,Plasma Tvs,PDAs and mobile phones.We are authorized dealers for all major Electronics Manufacturers."

INFO. infos@z6.com, orderz@z6.com, George Boghtam, xncn01@yahoo.com

If it wasn't for my research and this forum, I would have thought he was real for using Eescrow. But i would have been wrong.

If any body have any of is personal information on him, I can be a mean hacker. I kill two PC of others scammers who tried to get me. why not take it out on their information and sources?

:cool: :cool: Thanks to all and keep up the good work :cool: :cool:

could he possibly be back?

i received several fraud-looking replies from sellers from alibaba.com. mr. hacker, check this out www.patton4you.com their offering really low prices and they are carrying squaretrade seal. i checked and their not a squaretrade verified company so i mailed them and they told me that they were former members but yet, they sti;ll have not errased the sguare trade seal from their site. aside from this, let me share an email correspondence and tell me if this is almost the same with the romanian that you are talking about:

Company : Firma Fantoma Ltd. [Distributor/Wholesaler]

Name : Mr Ene Marian

Subject : Re: phones
Date : Wed May 04 13:55:31 PDT 2005
For orders between 2 (wich is the MOQ) and 20 phones we use C.O.D Direct Deposit, if your order is bigger than 20 units we use www.escrow.com . The shipping will be made via UPS as long we have an account there and we have a discount for any ship we make. We don`t make any changes on our company policy. Please reply asap if you agree. Here you have our price list and company policy, you can contact us by email or by phone at: +40740758550, contact person Manuel Partigo.

NOKIA PHONES:
Nokia 6670 - USD 259/unit
Nokia 7260 - USD 259/unit
Nokia 6630 - USD 239/unit
Nokia 6260 - USD 229/unit
Nokia 6170 - USD 229/unit
Nokia 9500 - USD 249/unit
Nokia 7610 - USD 239/unit
Nokia 5140 - USD 219/unit
Nokia 6230 - USD 219/unit
Nokia 7600 - USD 219/unit
Nokia 6600 - USD 189/unit
Nokia 8910i- USD 189/unit
Nokia 3220 - USD 219/unit
Nokia 7710 - USD 249/unit
Nokia 7280 - USD 239/unit
Nokia 7270 - USD 239/unit
Nokia 9300 - USD 239/unit
SAMSUNG PHONES
Samsung D410 - USD 209/unit
Samsung E600 - USD 209/unit
Samsung P400 - USD 199/unit
Samsung E800 - USD 229/unit
Samsung E810 - USD 239/unit
Samsung E630 - USD 229/unit
Samsung P730 - USD 219/unit
Samsung D500 - USD 229/unit
Samsung E700 - USD 199/unit
Samsung E715 - USD 209/unit
SONY ERICSSON PHONES
Sony-Ericsson P910i - USD 239/unit
Sony-Ericsson K500i - USD 199/unit
Sony-Ericsson P900 - USD 219/unit
Sony-Ericsson V800 - USD 229/unit
MOTOROLA PHONES
Motorola V3 RAZR - USD 249/unit
Motorola E398 - USD 200/unit
Motorola MPX-200 - USD 200/unit
Motorola V80 Tri-band - USD 200/unit

More Sender Information
E-mail : tapim110@dores.com

Country/Territory : Romania
City : Oradea
Address : Strada Mica 34
Phone : 40-201-3689015
Fax : 40-201-3689015

after sometime, he have been mailing me with this mail account address: Infos Tapimnugluma <infos@tapimnugluma.com>

what do you think?

regards!

--ANTI FRAUD

re:ANTI FRAUD

Dear,

After you visit ultra-pro-electronics you should know what happen. It's look like very attractive. But can you imagine that two different companies used the same website platform, it is not only .... but the phone number and address. The only different is the "sales Manager " name. There must have something wrong inside.

Below are the mail that i reply to ultra pro electronics
Hi Lyana Toneli,

I just read through your website. From the company terms and conditions mention that, If our order exeeds 5000 € USD we can use an escrow service like Escrow.com . It wont be problems for us to place order exeed 5000 euro. We hope to built up the partnership by the first deal done. So, please kindly tell me the further information if we are requested escrow services for the first deal. Thanks.

Best regards,

John Tok

The reply i received from them :

Dear Sir,

Because we do not have a previous business relationshipp we would prefer that your order would not exceed 2800 EUR.If you would like to place a order please reply to us with the name and quantity of the products needed.Do not forget to tell us the full info address where to shipp the products.

Regards,

Oh my god, i get doubt!! i even forgot who are more risky for the deal!!

Best regards,
John

Re: patton4you and ultra-pro-electronics.com

Dear all,

For patton4you, i face the same situation that they try to avoid my mail. It is because i request for company verification document and escrow service. Their company policy claims that escrow service can be apply for certain situation, that why we are very "sincered" to place order.

The mail i get from "sales manager-mark kinsey" was quite funny:

Hi John ,

I have talked with my CEO seriously on this and I`m sorry to tell you but he hasn`t accepeted an escrow service .I`m really sorry believe me .You can cancel your order and put in a smaller one or you can send us a smaller advance payment .We will ship you the products right away as soon as we receive a payment this I promise you .We just need to start trusting you .
Please let me know what do you want to do about this order.

Regards,

Mark Kinsey
Sales Manager
Patton Electronics

So, dear all...shoud we come out the conclution for both of the companies??
Thanks god. Save my time and money!!

Best regards,
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back