Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Police Confiscated Money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FlaRiptide said:
Just a thought. Is it plausible that drug residue was on the FedEx package and this is what was sniffed out by the dog? Upon opening the package the $5,000 was found. The money plus the residue would suggest drug trafficing. This would explain why the money was confiscated.

Quite plausible that residue was on the package because someone that put the money in the package had it on their hands.

Drugs could might have been in the package along with the money.

I suspect that the detective that intercepted the package procured a warrant pursuant to the seizure.

The dog reacting to the residue or the drugs was the probable cause to request a warrant.

The package was seized pursuant to the search warrant.

Hey thanks for the insight. We got the money back. I guess this is one situation where STFU doesn't help. We just talked to the cop and he was really cool about it actually.

Hey thanks for the insight. We got the money back. I guess this is one situation where STFU doesn't help. We just talked to the cop and he was really cool about it actually.

Well, go figure.

I've seen this movie before.

The ending has a real twist coming.

There are a lot of unknowns here, but it is quite possible you got your money back so easily because you just may have had that officer and his entire agency by the gonads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back