Consumer Law, Warranties Point of sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

venomsys

I recently purchased something from an internet retailer. The item was described as "SOUND BLASTER LIVE SB0222 PCI SC 20PK" and as you can see it notes, a 20 pack. I purchased this item for $40.40 - Quantity of 2 - Total: $80.80. This internet retailer billed my credit card for this product, then e-mails me and says that there was a "technical glitch" and the wrong price was noted on the site. Are they obligated to finish this transaction? From what I have been hearing, once they bill my credit card, the sale is complete and they must go through with the sale, is this correct? Please reply - Thanks!

My recollection of common law with regard to a mistake of this kind is that if the mistake is obvious then the offeror is not obligated to sell what was contained within the ad. Selling a 20 pack of Soundblaster sound cards at $40 is an obvious error and is a pretty good price for a single card. There is no question that there would be no meeting of the minds here at that price and quantity so my answer would be no, the do not have to go through with the sale. If the price was $600 that might be another story...

Originally posted by venomsys
I recently purchased something from an internet retailer. The item was described as "SOUND BLASTER LIVE SB0222 PCI SC 20PK" and as you can see it notes, a 20 pack. I purchased this item for $40.40 - Quantity of 2 - Total: $80.80. This internet retailer billed my credit card for this product, then e-mails me and says that there was a "technical glitch" and the wrong price was noted on the site. Are they obligated to finish this transaction? From what I have been hearing, once they bill my credit card, the sale is complete and they must go through with the sale, is this correct? Please reply - Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back