POA-HOA Sold me property under False Deed Restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcpcape123

I am looking for the correct wording and possible help in this claim:
2 Years ago, I purchased some lots from a POA/HOA since the deed restrictions limited the section I purchased in to site built homes only. Come to find out the POA failed to correctly make amendments to the restrictions that had been recorded and given to me. Now, after I have built a home and improved the property I find out that the original restrictions are the ones they are legally required to follow allow Mobile homes and RV's in and on any lot in the section. The officers of the board of directors sold me the property and each one of them were well aware that the only reason I was purchasing the property was the area was limited to site built homes. Upon completion of the home I had the property appraised at or around 79,000 and now anyone can and has improved the property with older mobile homes, broken down rv's and other structures. The POA carries liability insurance for the directors with a one million $ cap and I want out of the home since it is not what I was told and recorded at the county clerks office. There are some members of the board willing to give me written statements as to the conditions of my purchase. Can anyone help me and what should I be asking for when meeting with an attorney.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back