Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marite

Aloha~

I am a 59 year old professional woman. Several days ago I was arrested for DUI. I had attended a work related party and did consume 1 1/2 glasses of wine. The first officer was going to let me have co-workers pick me up and take me home. By the time my friends arrived (10-15 minutes) two other officers were on the scene and the stopping officer had left.

After failing their field test they arrested me. I took a breathalizer test and was told that I failed that as well.

My question is how do I defend myself in court? Until this incident my drving record was completely clean. Should I plead guilty and ask for merciful consideration for keeping my license?

Thanks to anyone who is able to advise. I will lose my job if unable to drive.

What state are you in?

What statute number are you charged under?

What was your BAC?

Thank you so very much for responding. I am grateful.

I am in Hawaii.

The only statute number that I can find on the paper work I was given is: Chapter
291E, Part III, Hawaii Revised Statutes. I find this on a form that I had to fill out which is titled: REQUEST TO RECONSIDER ADMINISTRATIVE REVOCATION OF LICENSE. I faxed this form yesterday stating the reasons I believe as to why they should reinstate my license. I am on the Big Island...was faxed to Honolulu on Oahu.

BAC? The onlly thing I think that could stand for in a alcohol related case is blood alcohol content? If it is... the police officers did not give me that information and it is not noted in writing in the papers they gave me.

Senior Judge~

When replying to your questions I am not sure that it went to you directly. Being new to this site and sort of communication I am learning how to navigate the site. Did you receive my answers?

Kindly,
Marite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back