Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Please help?! Wrongfully detained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sammylynn4264

Jurisdiction
Minnesota
I was at a house. not MY HOUSE. And a search warrant happens. their were 5 people in the house one was owner of house. about 20 minutes into search one person was taken into custody. then abiut 10 minutes later myself and my boyfriend were taken into custody for no reason at all. police did not find anything illegal in our possession. but the owner of apartment and one other was NOT taken into custody? please tell me what I can do.

What do you mean by "taken into custody"?

Were you arrested?

Charged with a crime?

Booked?

Arraigned?

Tried?

Convicted?

If any of that happened, get a lawyer.

If none of that happened, get over it and improve your choice of friends.

I was at a house. not MY HOUSE. And a search warrant happens. their were 5 people in the house one was owner of house. about 20 minutes into search one person was taken into custody. then abiut 10 minutes later myself and my boyfriend were taken into custody for no reason at all. police did not find anything illegal in our possession. but the owner of apartment and one other was NOT taken into custody? please tell me what I can do.

There is an infestation of rats and snitches in that house.

I suggest you remain silent, get a public defender, or hire a lawyer,a nd stop talking, except to your lawyer.

I smell rats.
You have a rat problem, a nasty, smelly, chatty rat problem.

Caviat: Procedure can vary from state to state. Generally, the police must have probable cause to sieze and search a private home. Probable cause must be supported by a local magistrate whom issues the search warrant. AS TO YOUR QUESTION....The warrant gives the police the right to reasonably choose to detain or not detain every one in that dwelling house under the said warrant, until things can be sorted out.
This thread is from 11/2016. Please don't dig up old dead threads. If you wish to help members here please stick to new threads. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back