Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Please help! Will I be drug tested for a theft crime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkigee

I am 17, and a few weeks ago I got caught stealing 40$ worth of clothes from a store.

I got technically arrested, but my mom was there to pick me up from the store.

Mom got a 200$ fine in the mail that has been payed. I thought I was going to have a court date, but instead a probation officer called and said to meet up with her on such and such a date to talk about what the consequences will be.

Last year, I got arrested on school campus (parents picked me up, once again) for marijuana. I completed the program and stuff that I had to do, and it's off my record as completed. However, I have the same probation officer as I did last time even though the case is already closed. My question is, will I be drug tested? I didn't ever get drug tested by my probation officers last time, only in the drug program (PAR.) Should I be expecting a drug test? Even if it's an unrelated crime? Or, should I be expecting it more likely because of what has happened before in the past?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 17, and a few weeks ago I got caught stealing 40$ worth of clothes from Kmart. I got technically arrested, but my mom was there to pick me up from the store. We got a 200$ fine in the mail that has been payed. I thought I was going to have a court date, but instead a probation officer called and said to meet up with her on such and such a date to talk about what the consequences will be.
Last year, I got arrested on school campus (parents picked me up, once again) for marijuana. I completed the program and stuff that I had to do, and it's off my record as completed. However, I have the same probation officer as I did last time even though the case is already closed. My question is, will I be drug tested? I didn't ever get drug tested by my probation officers last time, only in the drug program (PAR.) Should I be expecting a drug test? Even if it's an unrelated crime? Or, should I be expecting it more likely because of what has happened before in the past?

A few more questions, before I can properly answer you.

1 - The letter in the mail requesting $200 was sent to you by whom?
2 - Don't post names and any other personal information, but briefly summarize what the letter said.
3 - Did you ever appear in court for the latest charge?
3a - What occurred in court?
3b - Did you have an attorney?
3c - What did the attorney advise?
4 - Did you complete your probation and all other obligations from the previous charge?

I'll wait for your replies, but I don't think you've been charged in this latest case.
If you haven't been charged, don't speak with ANYONE about any of this.
If the PO comes to your home, politely decline to speak to her and invoke your Miranda Right to remain silent.

I'll await your responses.

The 200$ charge was the civil lawsuit from (dept. store)- which was again paid. I have not appeared in court for the latest charge. However, like I said, I have to go to the same PO officer as I had before. But here's the thing, like I said, last time I was caught with marijuana I never went to court, & instead I saw her. She never drug tested me, and she was never my "official" probation officer but I had this one lady coming to my house who I guess was supposed to be my PO officer instead. Point is, neither of them drug tested me, until I had to go to PAR which was a drug diversion program that I completed. So, I have the same "PO" officer as I did last time, that I SAW the first time. We got a letter in the mail from her today saying that if I get a letter from the court instead speaking about a diversion program, then my parents and I don't have to go to the appointment we have with her. But, if we don't get that letter, we have to go to the appointment we have scheduled with her like last time. And yes, I completed probation and all other obligations from the other charge.
I'm worried now though that I'm going to be sent to JDC or something because this is technically my second offense even though I completed obligations for the last one which involved marajauana.
On the letter we got that I just mentioned, it ALSO said "Petite theft 2nd offense (M1)" maybe that means marijuana?
All I really need is some peace. I'm worried to death. And, I wanna know the likelihood of a drug test if that's possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not exactly when there's already THC in my system and I have to wait a long period for it to make its way out.

So you made the choice to use an illegal substance while on probation. Will you be tested? We cant say but your PO can test you at anytime for any or no reason so I would urge you to stop using.

I never said I made that choice? I've been using a substance for awhile now ever since I was off of probation last time. If you know anything about "THC" you should know how long it takes for it to get out of your system. I do understand what you're saying, though.
The point I'm kind of trying to make is the fact that I had the same "PO" as last time. And, she turned out to not even be my actual PO, and I had another lady who was apparently my "PO" coming to my house last time, and then reporting to the lady that I THOUGHT was going to be my PO. Neither of them tested me. They tested me in the drug diversion class at the time.
But, I guess it doesn't make a difference. Anything could happen. But, yes, I've stopped using.

I never said I made that choice? I've been using a substance for awhile now ever since I was off of probation last time. If you know anything about "THC" you should know how long it takes for it to get out of your system. I do understand what you're saying, though.
The point I'm kind of trying to make is the fact that I had the same "PO" as last time. And, she turned out to not even be my actual PO, and I had another lady who was apparently my "PO" coming to my house last time, and then reporting to the lady that I THOUGHT was going to be my PO. Neither of them tested me. They tested me in the drug diversion class at the time.
But, I guess it doesn't make a difference. Anything could happen. But, yes, I've stopped using.

Congratulations on starting sobriety.
Now, stay clean, day by day, hour by hour.
Don't take things that you can't afford to buy, and you've fixed everything.
If you can afford it, hire a lawyer, or go to court and have mom or dad request the court to appoint one to represent you.

What if I don't have to go to court and only have to go to the PO officer? I don't think I even have to go to court to fight the charge because there's no question that I'm not guilty. I didn't even have to go to court when I got the marijuana possession charge last time. Did you read the post I replied to you with in the first place? I'm just wondering, because I answered all your questions.

"The 200$ charge was the civil lawsuit from (dept. store)- which was again paid. I have not appeared in court for the latest charge. However, like I said, I have to go to the same PO officer as I had before. But here's the thing, like I said, last time I was caught with marijuana I never went to court, & instead I saw her. She never drug tested me, and she was never my "official" probation officer but I had this one lady coming to my house who I guess was supposed to be my PO officer instead. Point is, neither of them drug tested me, until I had to go to PAR which was a drug diversion program that I completed. So, I have the same "PO" officer as I did last time, that I SAW the first time. We got a letter in the mail from her today saying that if I get a letter from the court instead speaking about a diversion program, then my parents and I don't have to go to the appointment we have with her. But, if we don't get that letter, we have to go to the appointment we have scheduled with her like last time. And yes, I completed probation and all other obligations from the other charge.
I'm worried now though that I'm going to be sent to JDC or something because this is technically my second offense even though I completed obligations for the last one which involved marajauana.
On the letter we got that I just mentioned, it ALSO said "Petite theft 2nd offense (M1)" maybe that means marijuana?
All I really need is some peace. I'm worried to death. And, I wanna know the likelihood of a drug test if that's possible. "

Its not possible but if I had to guess I would say yes because they are aware of prior and aware it was drug related. Its only a guess

I read it, but the NOT GOING TO COURT part baffles me.

The mysterious PO that appears, she baffles me, too.

I'm sure you know, so I'm not questioning you, but I'm wondering how that's possible.
It must be a special diversion program to help people with drug problems.

Last time, it was just a diversion program that drug tested me and taught us how drugs are bad and such. I also had to go to some other classes at the time besides that.
I guess I'll see what happens when I go see that lady again. But, you don't think she'll decide to send me to JDC right? Because this is my second offense?

What we think doesn't matter. Our thoughts and opinions are not binding on law enforcement. You're just going to have to wait and see.

But otherwise you don't think I'd be getting drug tested? I read things all over the internet about how everyone gets drug tested for petite theft crimes, but I suppose it's different and varies state to state, considering I'm in St.Pete Florida.

Exactly. And since it varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, we have no way of knowing what's going to happen in your case.

If you're going to drop dirty, tell them before you drop.
Let them know what you did, when you did it.
Ask for help. Tell them you want to be clean, but the drug is too strong, and you're too weak.
Usually that'll buy you a one or two time pass.
Bottom line, get this in check ASAP.
It'll drag you down farther than you ever imagined.
I've never met anyone that can control these demons without help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back