Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Please help, Shoplifted in NY, No cop involved, First Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Please help, Shoplifted in NY, No cop involved, First T

Cuz I might need to tell my employer about it due to my job nature. I really feel like they would go through database for background check then they might call them to verify the fact.

I wonder if store can share info and video about me.

Like anybody who called store and ask them what happen.
Lets say my employer call them and ask store what happen or ask store to share video with them.

Sharing of video is very unlikely. If your employer were to call they might say something but they must also risk law suit so I have my doubts. Why would your employer call this store or know to call?

I dono.
I am just assuming that if my company go through shoplifter database and find out my name on it.
what are they gona do? I was thinking that they would tell ask me whats going on or they might call store to verify what happen. then they will decide what to do with me???

They wont need to verify your name on database will likely be enough. After thats why the database is there. If you don't trust database why subscribe?

True.
But i know there are many wrongly accused shoplifter...
so If I made some kind of excuse, how they gona know whats true... so maybe they call store...

OMG I really dont wana do this but i really cant lose this job and I really dono what to do and what can i say when they upfront me...

well it wasnt mistake that is why i need excuse to keep my job.
I know if i say truth i will get fired for sure.
I will not ever never gona do this again or anything against the law.
but for now i need some kind of excuse to convince my employer. and that is why I was thinking they may call store to verify info... or they simply fire me...

Why is your employer going to look in database (if a subscriber)? I think your worrying about things that likely wont come to pass. By the way what excuse is there for stealing?

yeah you are right. I know there is no excuse for stealing.
I know it was totally wrong.

the reason why i am thinking they may go through is because my job industry is really restrict about this kind of stuff. maybe they are checking on employees occasionally to make sure. i dono.

by the way, if some one ask you Have you ever had or are there now any civil (non-criminal) judgments or proceedings pending against you? and if you shoplifted this is yes right?

Unless you want to lie yes. Once again if your employer is not a subscriber to database or has no reason to research you I doubt they find this

The reason why I am concerning is because I did some research and I found out that it seems like that store is using database from same research company as my company uses for background check. Plus the question above was something my company asked for job application. I am assuming that if they ask they have some ways to verify if any civil (non-criminal) judgments or proceedings pending against me.

I hope I am worrying for nothing...
but thank you for your help though

Explain how you "know" which retail theft database the store that cought you uses and that your employer uses same database

Well I dont know for sure but I did some research on web and I found some ppl used to work at that store and they are saying that store is using this database. And I dont know if my company is subscribing that database but that database is provided from same company used by my company as background check. Plus that question makes me think they subscribe same database as that store.

So basically you "know" nothing! by the way depending on what website and the people giving you this info it could be totally incorrect. Remember unlike this site most message boards are not moderated very well for accuracy

Yap I know nothing but I cant stop thinking. Stupid me.
You guys really helped me a lot. I know there are so many web doesnt have accurate info. This site is only one responding me and helping me.

If this site is any help please post something in our testimonial section

I am sorry this is gona be the last post. I asked too much.
So I got civil demand letter and of course I will pay.
Only thing is when I went to online to pay fine, they are asking my phone number and email address which I didnt give the store when incident happened.
Should I give them that info? is it normal to ask me this?
I mean I dont mind to give them email address since I need confirmation of payment.
but not phone number...
Can I not give them number?

Ask as much and as often as yo wish that is why we are here. Yes give them the info it wont harm anything, it just gives them a means to contact you outside of US mail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back