Please help me out with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatViking

For Heads of Claim, if you want something in the US, can the UK jurisdiction make it happen, or is it restricted to Country?

Thanks to all that respond
icon7.png

For Heads of Claim, if you want something in the US, can the UK jurisdiction make it happen, or is it restricted to Country?

Thanks to all that respond
icon7.png
Huh?

Generally, if you want something to happen in the UK, you deal with it in the UK. If you want something to happen in the US, you deal with it in the US.

This forum is for US law matters only.

According to Wikipedia: "In contract law or tort law, the term heads of loss or heads of claim refers to categories of damage that a party may incur. It uses the term 'head' in its sense of 'category'; each head of loss refers to the damages that correspond to a particular category of duty."

I've been a lawyer for nearly 20 years and in the legal profession for over 30 and have never heard this term.

With that being said, your question makes absolutely no sense. Perhaps you could clarify what you're talking about.

According to Wikipedia: "In contract law or tort law, the term heads of loss or heads of claim refers to categories of damage that a party may incur. It uses the term 'head' in its sense of 'category'; each head of loss refers to the damages that correspond to a particular category of duty."

I've been a lawyer for nearly 20 years and in the legal profession for over 30 and have never heard this term.

With that being said, your question makes absolutely no sense. Perhaps you could clarify what you're talking about.
I want something to happen in the US but I am in the UK.

I want something to happen in the US but I am in the UK.

I want to marry an American so I can have Dual Citizenship.

Ok...so what does this have to do with "heads of claim"? What did you mean in your original post when you asked if "the UK jurisdiction [can] make it happen, or is it restricted to Country"? What makes you think marrying an American (whether that happens in the US or the UK) will allow you to "have [d]ual [c]itizenship"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back