Please help me, I'm not safe here any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananaxly567

I am a fourteen year old minor living in the state of New York. I am pregnant with my sixteen year old boyfriend's baby. I would like to know if I can legally move in with him and his parents. They are more than willing to take me in and provide me with proper childcare, such as enrolling me in school in the area they live (They are about twenty five miles away), continue taking me to church, providing me with food and overall caring for my wellbeing, At my current home, I do not speak with my father as he is severely emotionally/mentally abusive and very obviously only loves one of my older sisters, and my mother is a recovering alcoholic who is severely depressed and extremely bipolar. I have 3 sisters, two in college who are not going to be around once August ends. My father brings in less than $60,000 a year and my mother is unemployed but recieving social security checks every month. I believe it is in my best interest and my boyfriends family to take me under their custody, as it will be a better enviroment for not only me, but our future baby too, Thank you for taking the time to read through and try to help me with my problem.

Unless your parents agree, you have absolutely no chance whatsoever of being allowed to live with the boy who impregnated you.

If you are being abused, contact DFS/CPS/equivalent.

And considering that your boyfriend committed a crime when he had sex with you, unless the abuse is physical I do not recommend that you bring your pregnancy to the attention of the authorities. That is, unless you want to see him in jail.

NY Penal Law § 130.20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back