Criminal Records, Expungement Please help me get my good name back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyHuman

I made the mistake of stealing make up from (dept. store). It was my first offense and got a class b misdemeanor for theft over $50 ($67). I made a mistake and i will own up to it. But a mistake is a mistake and i have learned from it. I know it is not my place to say what i think i deserve or not, but i really dont want this on my clean record. I have court on the 23rd and i would really apreciate any advice i could get for any ways i could have this expunged. I have never worked a day in my life. I have always been a hardworking house wife and good person. I let the stupidity get the best of me. I have been waiting for years to be able to get a job but its not till this agust that i will finally have my second child in school full time and i want to get a morning job. Obviously i didnt think of the consequences and i know it sounds like a ton of make up but i had few expensive things. Please help me. I have brought shame to myself and to my hard working husband and i dont want one moment of stupidity, one bad choice, to determine the rest of my life. Anyone can say they it was their first time but i mean it. I own up to my mistakes, pls help me fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You really need to get a lawyer. If you can't afford one, you can ask the court if they "might" appoint one for you. Talk only to your lawyer - they will help you get the best outcome possible. You can ask the lawyer about ACD or diversion as possible plea options.

Everyone's record is clean before they commit a crime.

Then it isn't anymore.

OnlyHuman:

Only a FULL pardon from our governor will cleanse the stain that might soon soil your lily white name.
That presumes you'll get convicted.
We're all innocent until proven guilty.
Plead not guilty and hire a lawyer, or ask if you qualify for a public defender.
Admit to nothing, confess to nothing, discuss nothing, plead not guilty, or simply stand mute and the court will enter a not guilty plea on your behalf.

Expunging the stain doesn't remove it. It tries to hide it. It doesn't work.

Good luck.

As previously stated talk to your Attorney about plea options that can protect your record. Ask about ACD or Diversion these program in general keep convictions off your record which is what most employers are interested in. Now one other concern is if the store that caught you is a subscriber to a retail theft database. If so your name was likely inputted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back