Please Help-employee ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicksnana

I am paid every other wed. I asked the payroll clerk to take my child support payment out of the first check of the month because the state is now receiving the payments and wants them in by the 20th. If I don't get them in there, they become late and I am charged fees as well as it dings my credit. It becomes an arrears case. I don't know what the laws are on this but I was charged $700 in interest last yr. I can't afford to give all my money away what can I do?

By law the child support dept. can only take up to 50%, they told us we had the legal right to take the rest. It has become in arrears because of the court order. They broke it up into 12 month payments. We received an audit that showed that we payed $700 in interest and it was listed on the credit report as late payments.

I also forgot to say that Sacramento is now rec. payments for Stanislaus county and they are the ones that started having payments by the 20th for processing or you are in arrears and will pay interest. It also is reported on the credit report.

Your Payroll department is obligated to follow the court order TO THE LETTER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back