Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI Please help.court tomorrow morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex030402

I just recently got an OUI. To make a long story short. I asked to take a blood test instead of the breath test because I was on medication that could effect the breath test. I was then put in as a refusal to take breath test, which suspends my license for a year.I have to plea tomorrow morning. I have heard that if I just plead quilty I can recieve my license back until the court case is heard..Is this true?
thank you
Please help me with this. I go to court friday Oct. 2 at 8 am..

Last edited:
That doesn't make sense.

I advise you to plead not guilty, if you really really believe this to be true (I'm unfamiliar with Indiana law in this case) then ask the Judge first. . .

but, Not Guilty leaves you with options. Guilty gives you none. . .

Is this your first OUIL? (oui means Yes in french, hence ouil) ay previous crimes? All this weighs in to what your punishment might be. . . what was your BAC? etc.

OUI is operating under the influence.. Here is the story.. I did have 2 drinks after school. I have been on antibiotics, steroids, cough medicine (yes narc.) and 3 inhalars and nebulizer every 4 hours for dbl walking pnuemonia.. The steroids were not allowing me to sleep at night...That is why I stopped to have 2 go home and sleep..I got pulled over after police followed for 3 miles for brights being on, older car, always drive with them on for last 6 years, it was a 4 lane street.. no one coming other direction..Asked me if I had anything to drink, I said yes a while ago..He asked me to step out of car.He then asked me to do tests. I said I could not because the steroids mess with my balance and make me shake and now I am shaking even more..I took breath test on seen with a halls in my mouth.. Blew a .16. I told him it could not be accurate because of all the meds and I really did only have 2 drinks..He cuffed me and took me to station. I asked him if I could take a blood test because I knew I was not over the limit..He said no. Breath test..I said I couldn't automatic refusal..Loose license for 1 year because of paper signed with dmv..I thought the blood test would get me off that too. NO..I do not know what my blood test ended up being but I was released on OR. and my charges became OUI instead of DUI..He also said that I was being charged for driving on my meds.. I did not take narcotic all day as I was driving.. Waiting till I got home. But had it in case a major break down at school..My question is my license I need it..You can not even get a hardship license with refusal.. I did not refuse just wanted them to know everything I had in my system.. Wanted it to be fair for me and them..I have to plea tomorrow morning and heard that if I plead guilty I can get my license back and deal with the rest at court..Thank you for your reply.. I am really freaked out about all of this.Oh and yes, first offense. Never even a speeding ticket..

...You don't know the blood results yet?

You really need to plead not guilty.

Cop should have inspected your mouth for the PBT. They are supposed to wait 20 minutes (observe you) . He didn't do that.

It's also VERY good that you refused the Field Sobriety Test(though some here will argue with me)

Trust me, you need to fight it. If you get a OUI conviction you will likely not be able to drive, either.

Again, I'm not from Indiana, but I know a lot about OUILs in Michigan. . .

and he charged you with (what here would be) OUID? DAMN.

2 drinks? What kind of drinks? 170 pound male have 2 beers (4-5%, 12 oz.) would blow around a .05 after 20 minutes of consumption.

I had 2 vodka and cranberry drinks.. I left the bar to pick up some friends at another bar.DD. imagine that..lol. They were not there he pulled in behind me..I am 130 pound female..but with all the medication, I know it will affect my alcohol level. I have dbl walking pnuemonia and on steroids, antibiotic, nebulizer, and 3 inhalars..and cough suppresant that I did not take.. Waiting till I got home because of driving..lol..This is why I asked to take blood test..I wanted a true and accurate reading.. I go to school for medical so I already new I would be ok but also knew steroids and cough drops effect breath test.. Hind sight I should have taken test and then fought it..yes, charges were changed from dui to oui while I was in jail, which lead me to believe that my test came out under .08..because he already told me he was getting me for driving while on my medicine.. Steroids affect your balance and makes me shake really bad but not unable to drive..

O.K. well, good luck!

Thing is, sounds like he pulled you over for bright lights, nobody on opposite end of road. That's much better for you then if it was for swirving, etc.

Thank you, one quick question.. if i did plead guilty to get license back can it still be fought by an attorney later.. Only if judge can't give me license back tomorrow.. I just got out.. they put a 24 hour hold because I did not cooperate, yes by telling him I couldn't do it. and couldn't get attorney by tomorrow morning..I have school an hour and a half a way.. 2 little ones, work full time and own my house..I have to have a vehicle..

I doubt that if you pled guilty that you can rescind it later. That would be a loophole that everyone would do. . .

I think you should plead not guilty. If you have a good judge, and told them the info you told me ('cept what you drank), they shouldn't permit you to plead guilty. . .

Can you afford an attorney? It may be possible for you to postpone the arraignment. . . then they can help you. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back