Pleading guilty to parole board when innocent: hoe does this affect post-release legal actions

davidlondon

Jurisdiction
Michigan
Someone who is innocent is found guilty through poor representation at trial and appeal stages.
He has a long sentence ahead of him but is offered parole after a few years as long as he abandons his insistence of innocence and says he's guilty. He does this and is released.
He then begins a fight (against the police) to clear his name in the courts.
Now, will the courts simply keep waving his guilty admission at the parole in his face? How much will his parole board admission prejudice his fight? Or will it totally prevent any success?
Intelligent people would realize he only did what he had to to regain his life and start his fight. But would the courts display this reasoning?
Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

If you ADMIT to committing ANY crime, you'll never have such admission overturned UNLESS you were waterboarded, beaten beyond recognition, deprived of food and water, and lodged in a subterranean cell surrounded by 50 rabid monkeys.

In other words, you weren't abused, coerced, or threatened.
You made a choice, a choice to AVOID the Michigan Penal Colony.

The judge admonished YOU in open court about the gravity of your plea. The prosecutor caused you to allocute in open court about each and ever element of the crime with you we're charged.
Further, you signed a document in open court and you had a lawyer advise you as to the permanency of your choice to plead guilty.

You chose to plead guilty, mate, even after all of that and more.

You wanted out, and you were allowed out.

Sorry, you'll get no "do over", because it was all perfectly legal.

You voluntarily admitted guilt. Too late to take it back now. The time to protest your innocence was during your trials.

The problem is that this individual asked his attorney to say a number of things (and make objections) during his trial but this did not happen. He was in an unknown territory at the time (I.e., the court system).
As far as the comments 'voluntarily admit' and 'You chose to plead guilty' made here, faced with spending another decade in prison, there really wasn't a 'choice'.

Sorry, I should have also mentioned that whle in prison this person developed a serious health condition and incarceration hardly helps such issues apart from treatment/monitoring being far more difficult to obtain in prison. Choice?

Sorry, I should have also mentioned that whle in prison this person developed a serious health condition and incarceration hardly helps such issues apart from treatment/monitoring being far more difficult to obtain in prison. Choice?

Changes nothing.
You also chose to misbehave and broke the state's rules, while on parole.
No need to clarify for me, I'm another insignificant, unknown, human piece of trash.
Your case is better made to those who hold sway over you, the significant, all powerful individuals within the courts and government, the ones you believe dealt with you too harshly.

Your life, your troubles, bub.

The problem is that this individual asked his attorney to say a number of things (and make objections) during his trial but this did not happen. He was in an unknown territory at the time (I.e., the court system).
As far as the comments 'voluntarily admit' and 'You chose to plead guilty' made here, faced with spending another decade in prison, there really wasn't a 'choice'.

Yes you had choices and you made your choice.

You had multiple bites at the apple so to speak, and made your choice. That you didn't care for the alternative does not change the fact that it was a choice. You also had multiple opportunities to engage new counsel if you didn't like the way you were being represented. Now, you are guilty by your own admission. Nothing you do changes that. Once you admit guilt, as far as the law is concerned, you are done.

Back