Pistol Permit Character reference

Ifixit

Jurisdiction
New York
31 years ago I was given a second chance with a youthful offender adjudication.
My 70ish year old neighbor has asked me to sign his application for a pistol permit as a character reference.
Will the existence of my sealed record come up or cause a delay of the issuance of his permit?

31 years ago I was given a second chance with a youthful offender adjudication.
My 70ish year old neighbor has asked me to sign his application for a pistol permit as a character reference.
Will the existence of my sealed record come up or cause a delay of the issuance of his permit?

Who knows what secrets the Stasi can uncover?
If you value your privacy, I suggest you simply say something like this, using your OWN choice of words, "Sorry, I'd rather not have my name on anything where guns are involved. I don't dislike guns, I just prefer not to have anything to do with guns."

The statement above is what I call a weaselly worded statement, or politician speak.

I doubt very much that your YO situation would have any effect on the application or cause the issuing agency to reject it.

I doubt very much that your YO situation would have any effect on the application or cause the issuing agency to reject it.

You're right, sir.
I don't think the OP is worried about his neighbor not being granted a license to carry.
I think many people in his position worry that the world might one day find a skeleton to two hanging way back in the deepest, darkest place of the walk in LIFE CLOSET.

Back