Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandmh

A friend of my wife and I took engagement and wedding pictures for us as a wedding gift. After our wedding she and my wife had a falling out and the friend says we can't have the pictures. She wanted us to pay for them and sign a contract we said no and asked her not to contact us anymore. Since then we have not contacted her but she has been texting us threatening to take us to court to try and make us pay for her time and film. After we did not respond she texted and said that she is going to sell the pictures. What should we do? Can she sell pictures of us without our permission? If not how do we stop her from doing it?

Your pictures cannot be used to generate revenue in publications without your consent. If you gave her permission to take her personal pictures as a friend, then it is her property. But she can't publish them without your consent. If you feel you guys had an agreement that she was just helping you and had to give you copies of the pictures back…………then sue in small claims court or civil court to get them back . I know how precious wedding pictures can be. But if she is asking for a reasonable price, it is better to buy them and avoid the hassle…………it would save time and money. My guess is, no professional would buy or use your pictures without relevant paper work………..She can get the paper work without your consent. So she might just be threatening you as a bargaining tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back