Pictures posted without my consent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahSmiles

First of all, I understand that sending unsavory photos of myself to someone was not a good idea, and hindsight is 20/20. Having said that, someone (I don't know who) posted said pictures to a website called XXXXXXXXXX without my permission. I am a recent grad from college and I am trying to find a job; I do not want these pictures popping up, possibly costing me job opportunities. I need advice as to how to have these pictures removed. I have done some research about the issue, but to no avail. Any ideas as to how to go about this would be welcomed. Thank you in advance!

DO NOT POST links to websites.

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, I understand that sending unsavory photos of myself to someone was not a good idea, and hindsight is 20/20. Having said that, someone (I don't know who) posted said pictures to a website called XXXXXXXXXX without my permission. I am a recent grad from college and I am trying to find a job; I do not want these pictures popping up, possibly costing me job opportunities. I need advice as to how to have these pictures removed. I have done some research about the issue, but to no avail. Any ideas as to how to go about this would be welcomed. Thank you in advance!

You can start by contacting the site administrator and requesting the pictures be taken down, as they were posted without your permission.

But, if the site refuses or ignores your request, your only remedy is to take the matter to court.

If the site is operated offshore, you might have to live with your choice.

If the site is in your state, a state court remedy could be possible.

If the site operates in another state from where you live, your remedy lies in a federal court.

But, start with a letter to the site admins and see if you can get this resolved peacefully and easily.

Be warned, that site often is known not to cooperate with such requests.

So, what you seek might not be easily obtained, but don't fret until you've tried.

Its clear you know who you sent the pictures to ask this person to remove them. Remember you "gifted" him/her these pictures therefore they are his/her property

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back