1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Pictures Posted on Anonib

Discussion in 'Civil Court, Procedure & Litigation' started by Rowdy1854, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rowdy1854

Rowdy1854 Law Topic Starter New Member

If someone takes my profile picture off of Facebook, which is non nude, and posts it to Anonib.com asking others if they have nudes. Is it possible to find who posted the picture, and would there be a case against them if you could.

2. mightymoose

mightymoose Moderator

Nope. Forget about it.
    If you don't want people messing with your pictures then don't put them on the Internet.

Rowdy1854 likes this.
  3. Betty3

Betty3 Super Moderator

There is probably not too much you can do. Can you take your picture down from Anonib.com or ask them to do so?

You may get other replies/suggestions.

4. guestpost

guestpost New Member

Thanks Moose, it didn't actually happen to me or anyone I knew. I work in the courts system, and was having a discussion with a friend about this matter. She told me that it would be an invasion of privacy, and I told her that their were no expectation of privacy for something posted on a public forum. That you would run the risk of this happening. I was just using it as an example to throw out there to some experts. Thanks for your time.

5. Rowdy1854

Rowdy1854 Law Topic Starter New Member

Thanks mightymoose. This didn't actually happen to me or anyone I know. I work in the court system, and this scenario came up in a conversation with a friend. I told her that if anyone posted anything on a public site like Facebook, that there could be no expectation of privacy. She disagreed and said that it would be an invasion of privacy, and they could be tracked down. So I decided to post this for some experts to look at and get some answers. Thanks for your time.

6. Betty3

Betty3 Super Moderator

jjohndoe - Please do not reply to old threads. This thread is from 8-2013. Thanks.

Another moderator apparently later deleted post by jjohndoe. Betty3

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  7. Betty3

Betty3 Super Moderator