Consumer Fraud Photography Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

ks2589

Hello,
I found a photographer online do photograph our wedding. We ended up meeting up with him in November to talk about the photo package and though it was a good deal so signed a contract and gave him a 40% deposit which was stated on the contract. We had agreed on an engagement shoot date in December, which was included in the package. About a week before the shoot, we emailed him to confirm him where we were meeting, what time, etc and got no reply. Called, texted, emailed again, no reply. To this day we have still heard nothing. I then had a friend write to him as a potential client and he wrote her back the same day. This person stole my money!!! And is probably doing it to others.

I went to the cops and they told me they can't help me, so people have told me to go to small claims court. Is this the correct thing to do? Does anyone have any advice? Thanks for your time.

You might let him know if you don't receive your money back within a certain period of time, you will sue him in small claims court. Maybe he will refund the money to you. If he doesn't refund it, then sue.

It's possible someone else may come along with add'l./other advice.

Yes, you can sue him or anyone you want in small claims court.

Don't expect miracles, and rarely will you ever get any money.

Why?

Because all you can hope for is a judgment, should you prevail.

Then you have to try to collect that judgment.

Here's how to start the process in California.

http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/small_claims/

You must sue him in the county where he lives or his business is located.

Google "small claims the PROPER county California" for details applicable to your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back