Petty Theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milka

Hello. I was caught shoplifting about $269 worth of Clothing from Macys 2 weeks ago. The security of Macys called to the police were . I was taken to a back room with the stores loss prevention where they recovered the merchandise, got all my info, took my picture and of the merch . After that I went with the Police to de Los Angeles Police Department to took picture and fingerprints., and they give to me a ticket to appear in Court in 2 weeks. My questions is if I have to go with a private Lawyer, or I can used the lawyer from de Court. This is my first time, I have no record before, I' am 33 years old, and I am conditional resident of this country. I'm ashamed of what i did and scared Please help :eek:

Shoplifting

I'm currently in the same situation, what was the outcome of your case??? I was also caught at Macy's and cited. Please help. How much did you lawyer cost? I live in california too.

m in a similar situation tho the cost of articles was less than 20$, i paid the maximum fine and the cops then released me. it was my first and i pray last ever brush with the law. i have a clean record in my own country. i m a foreign national, looking for a job / will be applying for an h1b visa soon. i dont kow how this is gonna affect my return to usa / application for jobs / H1 b visa..please help, i have lost sleep and appetite over this..i cannot enjoy my family life..this incident took place in WI. thanks..pl let me know wat happend in ur case.

i cannot afford a lawyer at this time as i m not earning. just want to know how this may affect (if at all) my H1 b visa processing. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back