Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft petty theft with a prior pc666

Status
Not open for further replies.

scareof3strikes

recently on december 31,2008, i went to wal mart to buy somethings. i stuffed three video games in a guitar heros'box which the three video games total value is 75 dollars. so i shop around more merchadises to completed my shopping for new year. when i finished my list on what i was looking for and i went to check-out line to purchase the the guitar heros. i only paid for the guitar hero but i didnt pay for the three video. the security guard saw me putting three games on the guitar heros but and waiting for me to walked out. so they call me to the room with handcuffed and filled out some paper works. they asked me why i steal? i replied it was an accident i forgot about it. so the police came and arrested me and asked why i steal? i told the officer it was accident and no intention to steal. so i went to the l.a. county jail to process and they booked my charge was petty theft with a prior. i called my family to bailed me out which they put up the money. i was released on bail january 3, 2009. ever since i am cant sleep and shames of my mistake and i am scared of the three strikes law and you out , in which carry 25 years to life. i already have to 2 strikes on those priors 2 counts of (pc 212.5) robberies on 1994. i serived 6 years out of 10 years sentences and was out of parole on 2000. i went to college and graude in 2002- 2006 and got a bachlor dergee.

i am going to court on 1/27/2009 for arraignment. the mistaked at wal mart cause me to worry that will the district attorney might seek the 3 strikes on me? what do you think will happen to me?

Last edited:
can someone helps me please.. i need some peace of mind cause it is a deep remorse. i pray to God everynight because i could get 3 strikes or any prison time. i am in california

thanks for your replay and honest opinion. i am very appericated your thoughts and opinions.

i consulted with lawyers and they all told me it is a petty crimes and i am not those hibitual criminals that just come ins and outs of the justic system. they told me beside i have college degree ( bachlor) dude and not a parole so i might just get a misermeanor charge cause the natural of crime is theft 70 dollars and natural of my life that i have walked straight and never encountered any in trouble since 2000 when i was released from prison. so do you guys honestly ? do you guys think they could put me as a 3 strikers and sentence me 25 years to life?

p.s. my attorney told me it is a petty mistake and since the district attorney didnt file a charge yet nor i havent go to court for about a month, most likely it is a district attorney failed to file a charge cause it is a weak case.

Last edited:
good new !!!

From The New York Times - February 8, 2002

CALIFORNIA, NO LIFE TERMS FOR SHOPLIFTERS

A federal appeals court in San Francisco nullified part of California's "three strikes law," finding it cruel and unusual punishment to sentence people to life in prison for shoplifting. A three-judge panel of the Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit ruled three months after another panel from that court voided a 50-year-to-life term for a San Bernadino County shoplifter. The court has now declared shoplifters cannot receive life terms. (AP)

This would not qualify as a Third Strike. You CAN face prison time. Whether you will or not depends on the DA and what he has filed.

- Carl

i enrolled myself to national anti theft program. i am not a common theft or low life thug that likes to comment crimes. i never have a traffic tickets and i am helpful guy. i followed alot of wallets and items, i always drop of it to lost-and-found to a campus police. i went to chruch and into community active but if it is God wills that i will go to prison then nothing could stop HIM. I make a Promised to God that i will never make that mistake again. and i am so lucky it is a stupid mistake not a big run like any murder or Robbery. i know my state, california, is on 50 billion dollars in debt so if they want to locked me up for a mistake i committed by accident then lets it is be.

thank you guys for your help.

is anybody here an attorney or law student?

well i am 30 years old and have criminal record also dispite my past. can i still go to law school and attented law school. i have a good grade (most A's and B's) undergraudate. am i eligible to take a bar exam after if finished my law school after recieve an J.D?

confused and need helps please

i am in california

i was arrested on 12-31-2008schedule to go to court on 1/2/2009 but the court cancel it and reschedule me back on 1-26-2009. i went to the district attorney office on today 1/20/2009 to asked and confirmed what are my charge and court date. the district attorney told me that i dont have a date and no charge have file yet. this is my question, do i have a case charge against me yes or no?. but my attorney said i still have a court date on 1-26-2009 on the same cased for pretty theft with a prior on his system. which should i believe the district attorney or my attorney? i am totally confused and please help me understand this.

You need to follow your attorney's advice.

Please keep all your questions in this thread.

Don't start a new thread for each question.

Thank you.

can you give me answer? if i dont have a case then what do i need an attorney any more? it is like i am not an alcoholic and i still have to go to AA? is doesnt make sense at all.

can you give me answer? if i dont have a case then what do i need an attorney any more? it is like i am not an alcoholic and i still have to go to AA? is doesnt make sense at all.

Follow the advice of your lawyer.

Follow the advice of your lawyer.

he has no case number. i went to court on 1-03-2009 and the judge didnt see me all day and the clerk said court cancel. i went to the d.a. and he said we didnt filed a charge against me. so i dont have a case number. i went to court clerk and they said i dont have a case filed or court date. that what i am confused about.

plus i went to the public defense office and they said no charge have filed and no court date. so i called my lawyer and he said no case havent filed yet. i dont he asked for my money from me to retained his service. addition $5000 after intitated $5000 for retained fee when i first hired him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back