Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft petty theft ...moving ACROSS country

Status
Not open for further replies.

catrina19

i dont know if i am writing in the right place but here it goes......
may1 i committed petty theft at(jcpenny) it was $25.00 its my first offense yaddayadda anyway the deal is my sister is sick in kentucky i am moving back plane tick nonrefundable an everything i need to go back i was wanting to know since it was only 25.00 could i jus get off by paying a fine or will i have to appear in court cause there is a court date on the citation but its on the 27th i am suppose to leave 19th. any alternative is better than court could i jus apologize to the store and pay for it community service any option is better than court.

Get a lawyer, he may be able to appear on your behalf, but more than likely you'll still have to speak with the probate office or at leats someone in the courts. Your lawyer should be able to get continuances for you, but, at some point you will have to answer to the charges. Meaning, come back at some point.

are u sure i willneed to go to court....the letter in the mail isnt going to be just a fine or something it is my first offense and everything
....................thank you for your reply by the way steve

catrina

Contact a lawyer, he could tell you one way or the other. Without a lawyer, yes, if you have a court date, you have to appear. Depending on the charge, with a lawyer, sometimes you don't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back