Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft petty theft- California

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashsny

I got charged with petty theft when I was 18. It was a misdemeanor. I am now 21 and have finished my community service and paid all my fines and the case was closed ( not dismissed or expunged just closed.) I am taking my pre reqs to get into nursing school so what I want to know is will that affect me getting into the program or getting my license and a job. I also want to know can I get it expunged even though the case is closed and what do I have to do to do that? I couldnt find anything on misdemeanors and nursing laws online so if you have any info I will appreciate it.

Why not ask a counselor at a school you aren't interested in attending?

That way you can remain anonymous.

You can also inquire of the state licensing board.

My gut reaction is that such an insignificant conviction won't matter.

But, ask and discover.

I had a disorderly person offense, not quiet the same thing ,but when I applied for my California license ..I was required to submit a letter as to what happened, outcome, and provide information that all fines and probation were completed to the state licensing board. Takes a little longer for them to approve it. They are looking more for serious things... As for work, you have to let the hospital know, and they usually ask you a few questions about it...just be upfront with them...everyone makes a mistake at least once in their lifetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back