Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft "PETITE LARCENY" 18 FIRST OFFENSE- please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

at31

I was caught stealing around 80$ worth of merchandise from a department store. I was given a pink paper with "petite larceny" and have to appear in court within the next five days. This is my first offense, I'm 18 and have no idea what to do. First off I realize that I did something really wrong, and I am guilty. But I cannot let my parents know. Do you really have to have a lawyer and is pleading "not guilty" when you're guilty really ok since it just buys time? Again, I want to get this over as soon as I can so my parents won't find out. Thank you very much

The choice is yours however walking in and pleading guilty removes the chance of a plea deal. This means you get whatever sentence Judge decides. This could result in a criminal record. It is never advisable to face a Judge without a Lawyer. again the choice is yours but if your here for advice best advice we can give you is to at least consult a Lawyer

Thank you so much for the advice. My number one concern is my parents not finding out, they would be beyond disappointed in me. If I were to plead guilty, what is the average punishment for what I did? Or, what would you guess the judge would do, if I pleaded guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back