Premises Liability Personal Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrstjscott

We moved into a house in 2008 (rental). Before moving in, I asked the landlord if he could put rails on the right side because my husband has Cerebral Palsy and my mother in law is old. I explained in detail that I need the rails and the landlord manager said they would do it.
When we moved in, it wasn't done, but he said he would get to it, however, before he got to it, my husband fell down the steps and broke his hip.
The arbitrators "granted us over $200,000 but our attorneys said that because the defendants saw a video of my husband on social media that they would only pay $23,000. We feel that we were not treated fairly because my husband has been in a wheelchair since the incident and they seem to think that because they saw that video that he is ok. That's not the case.

What are they saying the video on social media showed that made them offer a smaller amount?

Was hubby dancing, engaged in a vigorous physical activity? The video did him in, but was the video recent? They'd have to PROVE the video wasn't FAKED, and that it wasn't 25 years old.

The lesson here is, stay off that goldarned social media. It destroys marriages, gets people convicted of crimes, causes people to lose jobs, and now, I guess, lose $180,000. WOW!

My husband is a preacher so it showed him preaching at a church but they didn't mention the fact that he had his walker and wheelchair and how he was leaning on the podium

My husband is a preacher so it showed him preaching at a church but they didn't mention the fact that he had his walker and wheelchair and how he was leaning on the podium. It didn't show me wheeling him in in the wheelchair.
And although he can stand up and walk around a little bit, his whole life has been altered because of it. He can't go up steps, he has to sleep in a hospital bed, therefore we sleep separately. We can't visit his mother because where she lives has steps....he can't visit ANYBODY THAT HAS STEPS because he can't go up any steps.

My husband is a preacher so it showed him preaching at a church but they didn't mention the fact that he had his walker and wheelchair and how he was leaning on the podium. It didn't show me wheeling him in in the wheelchair.
And although he can stand up and walk around a little bit, his whole life has been altered because of it. He can't go up steps, he has to sleep in a hospital bed, therefore we sleep separately. We can't visit his mother because where she lives has steps....he can't visit ANYBODY THAT HAS STEPS because he can't go up any steps.

Okay, then speak with a couple more law firms BEFORE agreeing to anything.

See what options exist.

You don't have to take their offer.

You can litigate the matter before a jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back