personal injury vs the city

Status
Not open for further replies.

whittington30

I was involved in a car accident a year and half ago. It was a double impact and the person who hit me was a city government driver. I called the city insurance to notify them of an accident I had with their driver. S Initially the police did not issue fault for the accident, later after I retained an attorney the city was "coded" for an illegal turn. So the nightmare begins.

I have m.s. and developed blurred vision in my left eye. I later had an mri and it showed a bulge in my neck at c-4. I later had several nerve blocks done to alleviate the pain in my neck. The nerve blocks did not work and I was later referred to a neck surgeon. By the time I saw the surgeon he was hesitant to perform any major surgery because of my age and recommended a disc coblation . That seemed to have worked for 2 months til the lack of motion came back. Finally I just had my neck fused at the c-4 level, and I am slowly healing

Now on to the legal issues because we are now into deposition schedule phase. I had been keeping all my medical records and I have now exhausted my p.i.p. (which my pip was $100k). My insurance has jumped on my claim against the city . My insurance found that I was 0 % liable for the accident. I also had an accident reconstructionist veerify the impact from the car accident justifies the injuries that I have suffered from. Although the city claims it was a "light impact."

I never had any pre existing conditions with my neck and I am becoming anxious to settle my case. I am trying to figure out how much my claim could be worth , although my atty will not tell me til after depositions, of which I can see his point of view. I am just looking for some outside guidance in this long debacle of mine.

No-one here will be able to do anything more than speculate. Your attorney should be able to at least give you a ballpark figure.

Figure Out The amt

Exactly I totally agree with Mr.dee_dub
first you have to figure out the amt and than decide what to do. in this matter you may take advise from any personal injury lawyer from your local area.

I agree with your attorney. It's smart to not even give a ballpark figure on a case (especially a Government one) until discovery has been completed. There are a lot of surprises that can pop up during the discovery phase and can change the value of a case (for better or for worse).

Giving people a "ballpark figure" is like shooting yourself in the foot. Telling a person their case is worth millions, having a little surprise come up during discovery thus lowering the value to something like 100k tends to make clients irate then they start crying "malpractice"

injury vs. the city

Hi:

1) you must trust your current attorney to do the best they can on your behalf.

2) You should never discuss your legal matter outside of your representation and fee agreement with your attorney. If somehow inadvertently the other side received record of you doing so you could significantly injure your case and any chances of settling, not to mention sabotaging your attorney's efforts on your behalf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back