Personal Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpharose

I have been divorced, and remarried for almost 5 years now, my ex and I share 9 children of whom 4 are grown. According to the divorce/custody papers we have to keep each other imformed of our "personal information", address, phone number and employment status. My question is this, can he give out my personal information to my older children's creditors? The older children live near me and when my ex gets a call from one of the kids creditors (I have no idea why other than same last name and same former address) he is giving out my cell phone number. The kids assure me they do not put their father as a reference (bad vibes between them), and do not give out his number (it is listed). I have ask him not to give out my information, but he says he has no contact with the kids and he knows they live around me, so he gives out mine. Is there some way I can stop him from giving out my cell phone number legally? ...because being polite isn't working....thanks for you help. Rose

It would cost you more than it's worth to try to have the court order he not give out the number. It sounds like you need to tell the child/children involved to make sure they are paying their bills and/or taking care of what needs to be taken care of to make sure the creditors don't call in the first place. Tell the child they need to call what ever account this is and tell them your cell phone number is not their number and they need to give the creditor their number so the creditor will quit calling you. I'm sure their father doesn't like getting the annoying phone calls as much as you don't like it and that's why he's giving them your number. Why hasn't anyone given the creditors the childs number so he/she can be bothered? If the child doesn't have a phone and can't give them a contact number then tell the child you don't want to be bothered by these phone calls and tell them to do whatever they need to do to make sure their father and you aren't bothered by these calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back