perjury in our military courts

Morath

Jurisdiction
Texas
What if I know and can most likely get more than just me to verify and affirm that someone and his girlfriend commited perjury in a military desertion trial to get a lesser sentence than he should have.
What if I know and can most likely get more than just me to verify and affirm that someone and his girlfriend commited perjury in a military desertion trial to get a lesser sentence than he should have. He told them his kids and wife were living in a van and he deserted his post twice to help them. Both his ex and 4, now adult, children say this is just not true. His oldest states she has only seen him once in her entire life. Then his girlfriend takes the stand, a few months pregnant but had told me a month b4 his arrest she was giving the child up for adoption as she has to all 5 of her kids. She cried, fake tears obviously, saying she would , to give up her son as she wouldn't raise a child without a dad, funny since the previous one to this he was living there for the entire process. Is there someone to report this to? Or does. the Army not care about a perjurer and deserter? I'm a DAR. Generations of my family served in all branches of the service. Not one deserted not even in Vietnam, that was my brother and he signed up for 3 tours. All in my family served honorably and were discharged the same. With full honors. These people lie about everything. How can. our military not care? Who do I contact with this info

What if I know and can most likely get more than just me to verify and affirm that someone and his girlfriend commited perjury in a military desertion trial to get a lesser sentence than he should have. He told them his kids and wife were living in a van and he deserted his post twice to help them. Both his ex and 4, now adult, children say this is just not true. His oldest states she has only seen him once in her entire life. Then his girlfriend takes the stand, a few months pregnant but had told me a month b4 his arrest she was giving the child up for adoption as she has to all 5 of her kids. She cried, fake tears obviously, saying she would , to give up her son as she wouldn't raise a child without a dad, funny since the previous one to this he was living there for the entire process. Is there someone to report this to? Or does. the Army not care about a perjurer and deserter? I'm a DAR. Generations of my family served in all branches of the service. Not one deserted not even in Vietnam, that was my brother and he signed up for 3 tours. All in my family served honorably and were discharged the same. With full honors. These people lie about everything. How can. our military not care? Who do I contact with this info

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a DAR. Generations of my family served in all branches of the service. Not one deserted not even in Vietnam, that was my brother and he signed up for 3 tours. All in my family served honorably and were discharged the same. With full honors

I have 3 generations of military in my family: my father, myself, and my son, and an uncle (Jack) who died in WWII.

But your family history and my family history have NOTHING to do with whether the Army cares or doesn't care about perjury.

I'll tell you the same thing I tell people about civil and criminal trials. The time to impeach somebody's testimony when they lie on the witness stand is when they lie on the witness stand. Once the trial is over and sentence passed, it's a done deal.

If you, or anybody else, had evidence (not just sayso, conjecture, or allegations) of perjury, you or they should have come forward at the time of the trial and made that evidence known.

Lament all you want, but at this late date the Army couldn't do anything about it even if somebody wanted to. That's how the law and the US Constitution work.

Right and I get that but we didn't have all the evidence we do now. I tried at the time to speak with the lawyer in charge and all I got back was a form letter saying he would be on touch, but never did. I sent several more letters with no response. Now the coward brags about it. And thank your family for their service. Especially your uncle who sacrificed all for our freedom. They are all heros but the ones who sacrificed all are the biggest heroes,as my dad would say.

Something about your post leads me to conclude that this trial happened years ago.

If that's the case then one can only hope karma strikes one day because there isn't anything to be done about it now.

There are evil people all over this world. Sometimes they get what they deserve, sometimes they don't.

My ex-wife moved to the other end of the country 20 years ago after the divorce and abandoned our kids. They haven't heard from her since. We adjusted and we're fine.

Have the serenity to accept things you cannot change, courage to change the things you can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Time to move on.

Right and I get that but we didn't have all the evidence we do now. I tried at the time to speak with the lawyer in charge and all I got back was a form letter saying he would be on touch, but never did. I sent several more letters with no response. Now the coward brags about it. And thank your family for their service. Especially your uncle who sacrificed all for our freedom. They are all heros but the ones who sacrificed all are the biggest heroes,as my dad would say.

The army does care about perjured testimony.
However, only military personnel are subject to the provisions of the UCMJ.
I don't know why no apparent actin was taken on your information.
There could be a dozen reasons why.
More than likely, the charge of desertion isn't prosecuted by the military ver vigorously these days.
Just look at how the president responded about Bo Bergdahl's activities, and the trouble we went through to get him back.

I've learned to not take these things too personally.
I just do the best I can with what I've got.

Something about your post leads me to conclude that this trial happened years ago.

If that's the case then one can only hope karma strikes one day because there isn't anything to be done about it now.

There are evil people all over this world. Sometimes they get what they deserve, sometimes they don't.

My ex-wife moved to the other end of the country 20 years ago after the divorce and abandoned our kids. They haven't heard from her since. We adjusted and we're fine.

Have the serenity to accept things you cannot change, courage to change the things you can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Time to move on.
You're right...thanks for the kind advice. I wish you and your kids well and may you have the good karma follow you and yours. Thanks again.

The army does care about perjured testimony.
However, only military personnel are subject to the provisions of the UCMJ.
I don't know why no apparent actin was taken on your information.
There could be a dozen reasons why.
More than likely, the charge of desertion isn't prosecuted by the military ver vigorously these days.
Just look at how the president responded about Bo Bergdahl's activities, and the trouble we went through to get him back.

I've learned to not take these things too personally.
I just do the best I can with what I've got.
You're all right..I just need to ignore him and not take it personally. Thanks.

Back