Pending License Suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonggoy

Hi,

My license is about to be suspended by PA DMV. A month ago, I was cited for expired inspection (#4703A). No fine just have it inspected and appear at court.

The traffic police wrote an incorrect address (old address) on the citation, which I did not noticed. Hence, I would assume summons for court hearing was sent to that address. My fault here is not double checking the citation.

There was no specific date on the citation for me to present the inspection. The traffic police just said, Monday.

Fast forward to today and I received a notice of license suspension from Philadelphia Traffic Court. Again, the address was sent to the old address but this time, there's a yellow sticker saying something like Return To Sender.

I may have handed the traffic police an old insurance or registration card which has an old address. Either way, one of them would have an update address. Again, my fault for handing the police an old card (if this was the case) and failing to verify the information on the traffic citation.

I went online and payed the necessary amount for request of trial. I am not sure if I can get out of this.

Cliff Notes: Got caught with expired inspection in Philadelphia, wrong address on citation, mails probably returned to court, hence I failed to appear at Philadelphia court. PA DMV is suspending my License. Need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back