Payroll abuses and more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicscene

I was hired as a security officer for Universal Protection Services in July 2009. I was fired September 13, 2009. I was fired for protesting to my branch manager that I had not been receiving my paychecks. This was after I had complained through the chain of command by using my direct supervisor first. When I was ignored, I started contacting the branch manager myself. I was suddenly fired for a trumped up charge that I threatened the branch manager. All that I did was say that I would go over his head and contact the home office if this was not remedied.

There were other issues that I mentioned to them as well. We were required to wear a specific coat and tie type of uniform. They were to provide it. They took $60 a month out of our paychecks to pay for the uniform. I never received my full uniform. Only parts of it. I was reprimanded for not wearing the complete uniform but they had ignored my repeated requests to supply it to me. I had provided my clothing sizes. They sent me a partial set of the uniform and they were in the wrong sizes. I complained to my supervisor. We were ignored for more than 2 straight months. Suddenly I was fired with trumped up charges against me. There were absolutely zero complaints about my job performance.

One last thing. We were required by contract with the building we did security for to have 18 hours of supervised training before we did a solo shift. I was put on solo shift after only 7 hours training. My first day of work my replacement for the next shift did not arrive. I had to work 2 shifts back to back.

What can I do against this organization? They mistreat all of their employees in a similar fashion. :no:

It is not illegal for you to be fired for going over your supervisor's head. If you had filed a wage claim with the state DOL, it would have been illegal for them to fire you because you filed the claim.

If the company did not provide the required uniform components, then disciplined you for not wearing them, I agree that is unfair. However, again, not all "unfair" is illegal.

If the employer was in violation of the contract with the customer, that is between the customer and the company; it has nothing to do with your employment.

There is nothing you can "do against" this company legally, because no laws were violated. Except maybe the deductions for the coat and tie. If you NEVER got those, you should request the deductions be refunded and, if they aren't, you can try a wage claim with the state DOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back