Payment Receipt was really a late fee notice

J

jsreid311

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
I received an email from my storage unit on Jan 9. Subject "Payment Receipt". Body "Thank you for choosing Uncle bobs's! Please see attached PDF document for your requested payment receipt. Thanks again"

I never checked attached pdf because I assumed it was a payment receipt for my normal monthly 49$ bill.

On Jan 13, I received an email from uncle bobs that I was being charged a $115 lean late fee on my unit.

I called and forwarded them the email but the rep said that the first email on Jan 9 was a late fee charge not a receipt.

My issue is that it said "Payment Receipt" TWICE!

Do I have any legal leg to stand on? I called and spoke with a rep and he took 55$ off but I want the whole 115$ off.

I received an email from my storage unit on Jan 9. Subject "Payment Receipt". Body "Thank you for choosing Uncle bobs's! Please see attached PDF document for your requested payment receipt. Thanks again"

I never checked attached pdf because I assumed it was a payment receipt for my normal monthly 49$ bill.

On Jan 13, I received an email from uncle bobs that I was being charged a $115 lean late fee on my unit.

I called and forwarded them the email but the rep said that the first email on Jan 9 was a late fee charge not a receipt.

My issue is that it said "Payment Receipt" TWICE!

Do I have any legal leg to stand on? I called and spoke with a rep and he took 55$ off but I want the whole 115$ off.

Even if you had a legal defense, it would cost you more to pursue it than you could ever hope to recoup.

Be smart, avoid the hassle, take the 55 bucks and stop stressing over nothing.

Back