Paying taxes on mobile homes

Status
Not open for further replies.

midnightstar13

I am 67, very low income, I am trying to sell my house and relocate. I have called IRS, few weeks back, about if I would have to pay taxes on buying another house, They said no taxes. Since my house is 70 years old very run down, not worth much. I might be more likely to buy a used mobile home. My question is would I pay sales tax, on a mobile home. I know they come with a tittle like a car. Or do you just pay property tax, once a year, or pay both? If I bought a used mobile home, already on a lot of land, would there be any difference on what and when taxes are paid? Also any appro, figure as to what taxes would run on a $30,000.00 mobile home?
Thanks to all that, respond to my question, I appreciate, your time.

I found this document concerning taxes on motor homes, referred to as "manufactured homes" in the state of Missouri. It states that a motor home can be considered real property if it is "affixed" to the land, which generally means attached to the land so that it is relatively permanent or that removal is not a simple process. Later in the document it states the specific conditions where sales tax will be collected on a manufactured home aka sales tax on a mobile home. If sales tax is due, it will be calculated using the purchase price. Take a look at that document and see how it may apply to your situation. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back