Pay for a professional or use a small fee service for LLC or coporation setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scooter34

I currently reside in FL which has no state income tax. I may be moving and am thinking of setting up an LLC or C Corp in the state of Nevada. I first spoke with some companies that specialize in setting these up and structuring them. They seem to charge $1500 on up per entity. I then looked into legalzoom which provides all of the paperwork, but no legal advice.

I am now thoroughly confused. I have never set one up before and don't know if it really is that complex or not. Do I need to pay someone to do all the work? Could I maybe pay for the legal advice and then use legalzoom to file everything? I don't see the need to pay someone $200 an hour to process paperwork that I can probably do myself. I am concerned about going through the entire process myself. What does one recommend for someone who has never done this before? I will probably need 2 entities, one for my business and one for my stock brokerage account. I am unsure which entity I will need as well. Thanks.

Ask the companies that charge $1,500 per why they are charging so much. You don't need legalzoom to do it either. In fact, you can do it yourself. There might be a difference with regard to whether you get legal advice for setup and, with something concerning substantial money, you'll want to get good advice now which will help later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back