Pawn Shop Cashier rung up wrong price?

eliashib

Jurisdiction
Florida
Orlando, Florida : So i walked into a pawn shop to purchase a gaming laptop. short story is i found one i wanted, asked if they would go lower on the price. the sales associate said he could do $50 off. then when he was ringing me up his attitude of a manager said no, full price. they offered me a free 30 day warranty and they would pay taxes and i would have the laptop for $400 even. they rung it up and said ok it will be $413.88, i asked what happened to $400 even, they said its $413 kuz of taxes, i then said i thought they were covering the taxes, to which they said it was $413.88. i said i guess so, the cashier rung it up and i didnt notice until i was long gone that instead of the cashier ringing up $413.88 he rung up $143.88. they called me saying i owe the other half of the $413.88 but i never signed anything stating i would pay $413.88, i did however approve of the $143.88 because i put my card in and i typed my pin approving it. also, the purchase required an approval code from the manager so im sure there were multiple people to see the error. im worried they will harass me about the other half o the $413.88. Do they have any legal stand they can make against me? Do i have any legal defense? What do i do? LEGALY do i have to do anything?

im worried they will harass me about the other half o the $413.88.

More than likely you will be hounded, pestered, and pursued for the alleged amount UNDERPAID of $270.00 odd dollars.

Do they have any legal stand they can make against me?

If the item had a price tag, of an amount greater than $143, I'm sure you know this can cause trouble for you.

Do i have any legal defense?

That will depend upon what continues to develop.

What do i do?

Pay the amount demanded the seller, $270.

do i have to do anything?

None of US ever have to do anything, that doesn't mean something won't be done to us, does it?

You've taken your best shot, unless you relent and cough up the money, I suspect the seller will fire a couple shots other than calling you.

You aren't required to do anything at all.
If you want them to leave you alone pay the rest of what you agreed.

You did not commit a crime, so you can ignore any threats. They have the option to seek the remainder of the money in civil court. If it manages to go that far you might end up paying court costs too... But they might not pursue that far... Who knows.

Back