Paternity Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manilla

Please, any advice would be hugly appreciated.
My G-Friend and I have been in a relationship (on/off) for just over 2 years now. She confronted me 7 months ago and told me she was pregnant ( I never even asked if it was mine :eek:) ...well since then, after returning from a business trip +/- 3 months ago while she was apparently away visiting her parents. I then, with some time on my hands had a look at her (my) laptop and started discovering a totally didfferent story from what she was leading me to believe. She has been in contact with some guy for more than a year now the same one I broke up with her about (thus the on/off relationship) a year ago :mad: Needless to say, I was horrified that every day she has been online chatting to him with I love you's, I crave u etc etc.. I managed to find her email's password and then discovered she was not at her parents but sleeping with him (6 months pregnant) all in black and white !
So this is how it is... she is still convinced I am the father so I really don't know now. She has also moved out and in with this this other guy now and claims he wants the be the father and that they will marry and my son will have his name.
1st question: Can she do this ? RE choose to use this other guys name (who is arabic)( not that religion is a major factor but I could never have a son called mohummed, alah, bruce lee ... if you know what I mean) so this is very important to me.
2nd: I know I need to force her to do a paternity test/DNA ? but can I do this by getting a court order or somthing ?
3rd : can she put his name on the birth-certificate if I'm not there when the child is born ?

And as I'm such a nice guy I've been supporting her ever since she moved out, despite not knowing in what country she is now. AND i STILL HAVE A CLOSET FULL OFF BABY STUFF THAT SHE NOW NO LONGER WANTS.
Please help, I'm desperate

You have every right to have a paternity test done. Even if she doesnt' want too. Just because the other guys signs the birth certificate doesn't mean he's the father or has any rights. However, if it is determined that he is the father then that's fine, however, if its proven that you are the father, the court will order you to pay child support and have your name of the birth certificate whether your ex likes it or not. Trust me on this one, I had the same experience, but it was a little bit different.

I would suspect that this is going to be a long journey, so get to your solicitor or legal advisor as soon as possibel to get things rolling, in regards to DNA tests, etc., when the child is born.

I would say that if she has moved out and living with this guy, STOP supporting her! NOW! She has moved out and is longer your financial responsibility ~ why pay for her new man's beers??

If you disvover that the bubba is indeed yours, then start financially supporting the child (not her), but until then hold back on the cash.

But do get legal advice and start the paperwork process immediately!

JJ. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back