Prison, Jail past domestic denies fiance and kids to visit prisoner

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingmybabe

Recently my fiance and the father of my children was sentence to 30yrs. In iowa prison. I filled out my visiting application week after he arrived at the classification center and sent it in; heard nothing and still haven't on if I was denied until he omail ed me 2 days ago saying his counselor at the prison he was transfered to stated that due to a domestic between us that happened 5 yrs. Ago denies any form of communication between him, our kids and myself. We had been living together ever since this domestic was closed, along w communication up until the other day. He asked if the kids could visit w his mom; they are denied as they are victims also. My question is how can I appeal this? Even if it excludes me how can I get it to where our kids can visit their dad w their grandma? I have been having a lot of issues w our oldest since his dad's incarceration and a visit was what he was looking forward to. Thanks

You can take the matter up with the state director of corrections, or the warden of the facility where he is housed.

Prisons make their own rules.

They have vast autonomy in making those rules.

There's very little you can do when denied, except appeal the denial.

You can write a letter to those officials seeking an exception.

Otherwise, the children can attempt to communicate via written or telephonic communications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back