K Visa Passed criminal record and K1 visa approval

stephenkboyer

Jurisdiction
Texas
Hello my name is Stephen,

I am wanting to apply for a K1 visa for my fiance in Venezuela. My concern is that I deferred on a family violence charge to a Class A misdemeanor for Unlawful Restraint. I was falsely accused by my ex wife who later signed an Affidavit recanting her claim. I saw that you can be denied for conviction of family violence or kidnapping. I was never convicted but deferred on a lessor charge of Unlawful Restraint, Statute 20.02 PC. Do you think this could cause my application for the K1 visa to be denied?

Thanks for your help.
Stephen

Hello my name is Stephen,

I am wanting to apply for a K1 visa for my fiance in Venezuela. My concern is that I deferred on a family violence charge to a Class A misdemeanor for Unlawful Restraint. I was falsely accused by my ex wife who later signed an Affidavit recanting her claim. I saw that you can be denied for conviction of family violence or kidnapping. I was never convicted but deferred on a lessor charge of Unlawful Restraint, Statute 20.02 PC. Do you think this could cause my application for the K1 visa to be denied?

Thanks for your help.
Stephen

What I or others think won't matter.

Why?

Because, it's up to these great people: www.uscis.gov

I'm sorry, I guess I did not ask that question correctly. Does anyone know if the above mentioned circumstances will keep my K1 visa application from being approved?

Back