Parole, Probation parole

S

susan smith

Jurisdiction
Tennessee
my boyfriend was paroled in 2015 after 26 years.done ever thing he supposed to since beening out.but a few months back he caught a dui charge.which was not initially why he was pulled over.he was pulled over for a headlight beenig out.and they smelled alcohol.they were no alcohol container in car.this case has done been resolved locally.but he been back in prison waiting his revocation hearing for two months now.that hearing is in a week.what can we expect.

what can we expect.

You'll have to wait for the hearing to learn what disposition was taken against him.
TN, unlike many states, has revenue to support housing offenders compared to NY and CA which are running into budget issues limiting their ability to house every deserving offender.

If I had to take a guess, he could get as much as two years, IF he is revoked.

With luck and good public defender, he might just get time served and more restrictions to continue his parole.

If you want to help him, get several respected people in the community to serve as character witnesses.

These could be religious leaders, school teachers, business people, even people he may have helped during his release.

If he's been struggling with alcohol abuse issues, his AA counselor, group leader, or other group members could have useful information to share with the court.

Hopefully his lawyer has this in the works.
You can visit him in county and ask him about how the hearing preparations are going.

The headlight and lack of containers in the car are completely irrelevant. I suspect his level of intoxication will be a major factor in what happens. He didn't make it very long without getting busted, but better this than a theft, drugs, or violent crime.
He needs good counsel. It's anyone's guess what will happen.

my boyfriend was paroled in 2015 after 26 years.done ever thing he supposed to since beening out.but a few months back he caught a dui charge.which was not initially why he was pulled over.he was pulled over for a headlight beenig out.and they smelled alcohol.they were no alcohol container in car.this case has done been resolved locally.but he been back in prison waiting his revocation hearing for two months now.that hearing is in a week.what can we expect.

The judge could either revoke his parole or give him another chance that's what could happen. As stated, he needs a lawyer. Also - it's completely relevant for them to pull him over for a headlight and then give him a DUI if he was, in fact, intoxicated.

Back