parole searches and procedures

W

What'sitis

Jurisdiction
Nebraska
I'm wondering about parole searches in Nebraska. With an offender on GPS can PO along with cops make visits to anyplace he is at the time? Or exception is when it is agreed? My BF told me one day he was meeting with him at another house to avoid it at his own residence. They smelled weed, found over an ounce of pot, the person got arrested and bailed out. They came and picked him up at home about a month after that incident, the officer told me (rather strongly hinted) that this residence was going to be his new address. He wouldnt lie to manipulate me or could this be reason for visit?

Yes, a parolee is subject to search anytime, anywhere, for no other reason than he or she is a parolee.

Parole is simply another form of incarceration.
A person on parole is not free like you, a normal citizen is.

I'm wondering about parole searches in Nebraska. With an offender on GPS can PO along with cops make visits to anyplace he is at the time? Or exception is when it is agreed? My BF told me one day he was meeting with him at another house to avoid it at his own residence. They smelled weed, found over an ounce of pot, the person got arrested and bailed out. They came and picked him up at home about a month after that incident, the officer told me (rather strongly hinted) that this residence was going to be his new address. He wouldnt lie to manipulate me or could this be reason for visit?

Did they not explain this to you when you started probation? Yes they can come to him no matter where that person is at. Why would someone on probation get to decide when their PO meets with them? Or brings the cops on a welfare check?

So your boyfriend is on probation/parole and he's trying to hide out from his PO or what's going on?

Who is lying to you? Your boyfriend or the PO? Who's on probation? If it's your boyfriend I'd dump that immediately. It's nothing but a hassle - trust me. If you are then you need to cooperate with your PO.

Back