Parole, Probation Parole Question, help please!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bm1020

Ok here is the situation. I know someone who is currently on Parole until February 6th, 2010, roughly three weeks or so left. My question is, if this person violated because of a dirty urine, they would only have to go back until the end of sentance date, which is 2/6/2010 right??

Btw, Massachusetts is the state and it is a county jail sentence.

please please please help!!

Thanks!

Not necessarily. The parole officer will have a lot of control over how to proceed if a test came up dirty. If the sample has already been given then there isn't much to do... wait it out and see what the results are.

Technical violating will rarely send you back

Dirty urine screening falls under the terms of a 'technical violation' as compared to, say, a new arrest with open charges. I was on parole for 3 months in Arizona. I had zero violations while on the parole, however, my officer told me several times and I heard from other parolees, that it would take more like 3 dirty urines screens to add up to sufficient cause to revoke parole. One technical violation is probably not going to violate said parolee. My estimation would be the officer would note the violation and do nothing about it (hold it as ammunition for a later revocation hearing in case this parolee gets arrested for a different charge), or will ask for a revocation hearing and request addition time, fees, community service, etc. to make up for the violation. I seriously doubt said parolee will back up any time in prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back