Parking Violtion That I Didn't Commit

Status
Not open for further replies.

emtbny

I had received a ticket for an expired meter in the Village of Bronxville in NY on 11/27/2009. The situation that I have is that I have never been to the village of Bronxville. I received a notice of delinquent parking violation in the mail in January. I had written a letter to the Director of Traffic Violations explaining that I was not there on the date of the violation nor have I ever been to Bronxville. I had also called and spoken to the assistant director of traffic violations where she stated that someone could have possibly driven my car there. When I spoke to them they said that they looked up my information through the NYS DMV based on my license plate and make of my car. The color that they had on the violation was black where my car is grey. They said that the color of the car does not nullify the ticket. I believe they had made a mistake writing the license plate. Is there any way for me to continue fighting this, even though they sent me a letter (which I'm assuming is my judgement that I'm guilty) stating they reduced the fine?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back