Parking permit after moving out

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinoforegon

Hello,

I was renting in Oregon, and I moved out early about a month ago. I had to pay a extra months rent as a termination fee and still haven't got my deposit back; these guys have been trying to screw me at every corner. It's student housing and they seem to try to take advantage of the fact that most of the kids living there will just give in to what they do.

I have a parking permit that is paid for until June. They sell parking at both a resident rate and a non-resident rate. When I moved out I asked if I could transfer the permit, and was told I could get either a partial refund or transfer it to another resident. I checked my agreement however and it said no refunds, no transfers.

This hasn't been uncommon, several times now one person at their office has given me misinformation and then people higher up have held me responsible for acting on it. I lost another 50 bucks when I was moving out, I came in on the 31st and gave my 30 day notice, had a check in hand and asked if I needed to pay anything then, but was told by the woman working there that no, I should not pay anything until I turn in my keys within 30 days. Then 3 days later I got a notice on my door that my payment was late and i would be charged a $50/day late fee. I went in there and explained that I had been told differently a couple days ago, but they just said the woman was wrong and she had filled out all the paperwork wrong (she was new), but still it was apparently my fault for not knowing better and they wouldn't drop the fee. I gave in because I just wanted to get the hell out of there.

Now with the parking permit I am willing to concede that I can't transfer or get a refund, but I still believe it is mine until June. There is nothing in either my apartment lease or parking lease agreements about it being voided if I move out. However, they are claiming that since I paid the resident rate it is no longer valid, and they have already rented it out to someone else!

What should I do?

Thanks,
kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back