Parking on sidewalk in a gated community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lreslinger

Jurisdiction
Florida
Is it legal to block the sidewalk in a gated condo community. What I read is that police are not aruthorized to give out a citation, but is it the legal requirement of the hoa to inforce Florida statute of not blocking the sidewalk except for temporary loading or unloading even though it is concidered a private road?

Always make it easy on yourself, don't poke the bear.
The bear bites back.
Obey their silly rules, stupid laws, let them have their way with you.
It only hurts the first time, then you get over it and laugh at them.

The bear bites back.
The bear bites back.
I was at a hoa board meeting and parking /towing was the topic. There are large vehicles parked in the driveways that overhang the sidewalk and block it. The management company does NOT know if the state statute applies to the community because it is a gated community and considered a privite road. There are some people on the board that want it controlled and some do not care. The question is is it required to control it per the state statues.

I don't think a private entity can ticket people who scoff at their rules.
A private entity can, however, have the vehicles of those who ignore their rules towed.

The police, on the other hand, can't issue parking citations for parking scofflaws on private property.

The HOA has the ability to post signs warning rule breakers that their vehicles will be towed for parking where the HOA indicates parking snt allowed.

This is one of a thousand reasons I'd never waste my money to live under the abusive hand of HOA NAZIS.

An HOA board is comprised of bullies who behave a tin dictators to make others bow down to their childish, abusive, silly whims.

Members of HOA boards would make Saddam Hussein or Fidel Castro look reasonable, if not impartial.

A private entity can, however, have the vehicles of those who ignore their rules towed.

The police, on the other hand, can't issue parking citations for parking scofflaws on private property.

The HOA has the ability to post signs warning rule breakers that their vehicles will be towed for parking where the HOA indicates parking snt allowed.

This is one of a thousand reasons I'd never waste my money to live under the abusive hand of HOA NAZIS.

An HOA board is comprised of bullies who behave a tin dictators to make others bow down to their childish, abusive, silly whims.

Members of HOA boards would make Saddam Hussein or Fidel Castro look reasonable, if not impartial.

Thank you for your comments but that still does not answer my question.
Is the HOA obligated to inforce the state statue "No Parking on the Sidewalk"or is it upto the Boards discreation.

Members of HOA boards would make Saddam Hussein or Fidel Castro look reasonablje, if not impartial.

Thank you for your coments but that does not answer my question.

Is the hoa obligated to inforce the state statute " no parking on the sidewalk or is it up to the hoa boards discretion weather to inforce the sidkwalk statute.

The HOA has no power to enforce any laws, state or federal.

Does Walmart, for example, have the lawful ability to enforce state laws on its many properties in your state?

Of course, not.

Walmart can have a vehicle removed from its properties, or call local law enforcement to have them take official action.

Frankly, I don't know, nor do I need to know what you're trying to achieve.

With that said, I suggest you speak with several Florida licensed attorneys for further guidance and counsel.

This thread has served it's purpose as best as it can.

You're unhappy with a FREE response, so you are free to seek a paid response by hiring an attorney.

Good bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back