Parking dispute

Shayberrie

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
My brother has been storing my vehicle in his driveway in pa for months now. Tonight we had a falling out and he says he's going to push my car into the street and be done with it or have it towed. Can he do this without giving me any time or chance to do it myself?

My brother has been storing my vehicle in his driveway in pa for months now. Tonight we had a falling out and he says he's going to push my car into the street and be done with it or have it towed. Can he do this without giving me any time or chance to do it myself?

Yes, I'm sure most any adult has the ability to push a vehicle down a driveway and onto the public roadway.

I suggest you make the time TONIGHT to go and retrieve your vehicle before the cops find it blocking traffic and causing a hazard to the motoring public.

Can he do this without giving me any time or chance to do it myself?

Yes, he CAN do it. "CAN" denotes the ability to do something not whether doing it is right or wrong.

Go get your car ASAP before something bad happens to it and you're back here sobbing "What are my rights"?

Yrs he certainly can. Who is responsible for the tow fees is debatable. It is your car, but he causes it to be towed. It ends up with the two of you in court and making things much worse. If you can't get the car right now get it as soon as possible. Let him know your intentions so he doesn't do anything drastic.

Ok, the question was more, is he allowed to do this without giving notice. I have no place to currently put the vehicle, he was supposed to work on it months ago, but never did. Which is why it's been at his house. Now, because of a disagreement, he claims he's going to either get it towed or push it into the street

Ok, the question was more, is he allowed to do this without giving notice. I have no place to currently put the vehicle, he was supposed to work on it months ago, but never did. Which is why it's been at his house. Now, because of a disagreement, he claims he's going to either get it towed or push it into the street

Of course he can move the car onto the street.
Fact is, it's your car, your problem.
Go get your car before the cops, a vandal, or a thief address the problem.
He has no legal duty to store your car on his property.
Why are you confounded by his ability to control your property?
People change their minds regularly.

Go move the car or try to work things out with your brother. But you might want to move it until he calms down unless you want your car to end up in the street.

Back