parents want to take my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

nancym49

I am engaged, and I have a 4 year old daughter form my previous marriage. My fiance and I have been having a tough time for about 6 months now. We got into an argumnet over the weekend. This resulted in me staying at a freinds house. My daughter was staying with her father for the weekend. I confided in my friend about some things that had taken place between my fiance and I. Some of these things included us getting into a physical fight once. My daughter has never seen or heard any of the arguments that we have gotten in to. We are both taking steps to ensure our relationship will work. However, as it goes when you are upset, you tend to vent and blow things out of proportion. This is what happend. I, after having been drinking and very upset, told my best friend some bad things that had gone on. I was on a role and said I was gonna move out and that I was sick of the fighting. Things I have said before, but felt more strongly about working things out. Anyhow, my friend decided to share the things I told her with my mother. My mother called me and told me that if I didn't move out or if he didn't move out she was going to try and take custody of my daughter. My daughter has never been harmed in my home or elsewhere. We have made every effort to make sure that if we feel an argument starting to brew, we shut up unitl we can talk about it later, after my daughter has gone to bed. My parents feel that she is in a violent household. There have been 2 isolted incidents where my fiance and I were violent toward each other. One of those times my daughter was in the house, although she was not witness to any of it, as it was very breif. The other time she was not at home. We don't condone our behavior, as it was foolish and childish, not to mention dangerous. But, it happened. My daughter is a perfectly happy/healthy 4 year old. She does wonderfully in school. Her behavior has not changed. There have been no other changes in her that indicate that she is being mistreated in the least. We are both aware that it is not the healthies situation, but we are working very hard to obtain that healthiness. We love each other. And he loves my daughter very much. Can my parents take my daughter from me based on what I told my friend when I was drunk?

same boat

I AM IN THE SAME BOAT EXCEPT MY MOTHER ACTUALLY DID IT WE GO TO COURT ON FRIDAY SHE SAYS THAT MY BOYFRIEND MOLESSED MY 7YR OLD DAUGHTER AND THAT I SHOULD ONLY SEE HER SUPERVISED ALONG WITH MY OTHER 2 DD I WISH YOU WELL AND WOULD LOVE TO TALK TO YOU
MELANIE

I am so sorry to hear that. I hope all goes well for you. I hope your daughter is not too shaken up by all of this. I did get some legal advice. I was told that my mother doesn't really have much to go on. There have been no involvements with law enforcement. We are both (my fiance and I) are seeking counseling. But I am still afraid that my mom will find a legal way to take her. I would be so lost without my daughter, as I am sure you are right now.

Originally posted by nancym49
I am so sorry to hear that. I hope all goes well for you. I hope your daughter is not too shaken up by all of this. I did get some legal advice. I was told that my mother doesn't really have much to go on. There have been no involvements with law enforcement. We are both (my fiance and I) are seeking counseling. But I am still afraid that my mom will find a legal way to take her. I would be so lost without my daughter, as I am sure you are right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back